Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training in Tenerife

Options
  • 23-02-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

heading to Tenerife in a few weeks, i want to book a hotel that has a decent pool to allow me do some swimming and a good location for some cycling and running. Anybody any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Enduro

I was in Tenerife over the new year. Got in tons of fantastic training. Sort out your bike hire before you go. Quite a few places will drop bikes and pick them up again to your hotel. Cycling to Teide from any of the tourist resorts on the Island is a big day out! As long as your not on the Motorway the traffic is exceptionally cyclist friendly. Not one close overtake the whole time, and drivers patiently wait until it is safe to overtake.

If you are prepared to explore, and you want to do some hill/trail running, then Tenerife is an absolute gem. I found some amazing trails out there, and I was only in one small section of the Island.

On our last day with the bikes we went north of Santa Cruz. That's a part of the island I would love to see a lot more of, and regret only touching the surface of that end. Marvelous terraine and scenery.

No particular recommendations on hotels etc. There are shedloads of options. The southern end of the island around Playa del America etc is more classic tourist resort type territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

http://www.swimmersguide.com/default.aspx?NID=147
    try this
    and if club la Sant style is your thing this is I guess the Tenerife equivalent http://www.tenerifetoptraining.com/en/home

as enduro said the north bit of the island is super cool for cycling too. And the tide area is my favorite place of the Canary Islands
    You need to book a permission if you want to climb tide (defo worth a wile and nicely connected with a hill run session)

Advertisement