Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mongolia: Visa, what to do when there and costs.

• 23-02-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've a holiday booked for Mongolia in May/June. Flights there and back already sorted (Dublin - Frankfurt; Frankfurt - Ulaanbaatar and vice-versa). Going for 18 days, although obviously at least 2 days are lost to travelling. Having checked another thread about multiple country visas, I notice that the method of getting one for Mongolia has changed over the years. It seems that you can no longer get it in the Dublin School of English and also the honorary consulate might not be able to provide it. Anyone know the most recent situation on this? I don't want to have to travel to London for one, and have yet to ask Trailfinders or USIT if they can do some sort of postal application for me. From researching, I see it is extremely impractical and expensive to rent a vehicle for personal, unassisted use in UB - has anyone experience of renting with guide/driver? Any pointers would be of help, also as regards costs when there etc..
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

I used Real Russia for the visa, cost about £110 in total I think which is a lot but there seems little option given there's no Mongolian embassy/consulate here and the London embassy doesn't accept postal applications. Real Russia is one of their two accredited agents that they accept application through. I found trailfinders more expensive when I looked as I assume they also use one of these agents. Service was good, kept me informed throughout the application i.e. when they received my passport, lodged the application and sent it back and it was pretty quick. I'm open to correction but I don't think there is another option from Ireland e.g. the school of English etc.

No experience of renting transport unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rojerdandry

Thanks for the info! My friend asked the honorary consul today and he said postal applications were accepted by the London consulate as long as you are not resident in England (by which I mean you're Irish). Gonna call the London consulate to confirm this...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rojerdandry

Mongolian Embassy in London replied by email. They don't accept visa applications by post, except for some Mongolians living and working in Ireland - don't understand what this means; why would a Mongolian need a visa? Did you just post you passport to realrussia in England and let them sort the rest out?
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Mongolian Embassy in London replied by email. They don't accept visa applications by post, except for some Mongolians living and working in Ireland - don't understand what this means; why would a Mongolian need a visa? Did you just post you passport to realrussia in England and let them sort the rest out?
    Cheers!

Yeah, the whole set up is pretty awkward and costly visa wise. Yes, I posted my passport (registered post) to the Real Russia office in London. Just make the application online and they'll give you a reference number and further details of where to send the passport, application form etc., the support is pretty good so they'll get back to you pretty quickly on any queries.

Advertisement