Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with a design

Options
  • 23-02-2014 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting my first tattoo to mark my engagement, and while I know in my head what I want, I can't properly visualise it, and after searching google/etc I still can't find samples that match what I'm looking for.

It's a rather simple idea I have, what I'm looking for is a box or crate, with a speech bubble coming out of it, all in a slightly cartoony style.

Any ideas or pointers on where to go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Any decent tattooist will bring your idea to life tell them what you want and they will play around with it till you're happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Were you located? willing to travel? will help people give recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm in Cork. Went to a few places in town, got good vibes from Inkaholics (Tuckey street).

Found a few sample images (they're actually only clip arts) and I'll pass them onto the artist (she said email her and she'll try and put things together for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Here ya go my old mate, ran you up a freebie... :pac:

Dulpit_tattoo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

In Cork I'd be going to Smiley Dogg.

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    In Cork I'd be going to Smiley Dogg.

They came across as super expensive, and the vibes I got weren't great TBH. Might have been that it was early(ish) on a Saturday when I called in, but still.

Thanks for the suggestion though, why in particular would you recommend here?

Here ya go my old mate, ran you up a freebie... :pac:

Dulpit_tattoo.png

Damo ftw.

dulpit wrote: »
    Damo ftw.

I'm doin' it wrong.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

dulpit wrote: »
    They came across as super expensive, and the vibes I got weren't great TBH. Might have been that it was early(ish) on a Saturday when I called in, but still.

Thanks for the suggestion though, why in particular would you recommend here?

Because Charles Huurman puts out some amazing work, one thing that should never ever be a factor when getting a tattoo is price remember it's there for life get the best you can get.

What Marty said. Honestly, let the price be the last, and least important factor you consider. The quality of the work that they put out, and how well they can do the style you want should be the utmost factors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feckin' BAPS :pac:

Advertisement