Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling rumours you've heard over the years

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I heard Undertaker was going to get another brother. Even bigger than Kane

I'm not sure where I heard it (maybe a podcast) but I heard a few times that Luke Gallows, before he became fake Kane or Festus, was pipped to be a third brother.

Of course any rumour you heard about Abyss jumping ship involved him being placed in a programme with Taker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The legendary Pat Patterson and his alleged affairs with a few male wrestlers

Which ones? I mean main roster, not ring boys! (He was named in the sex scandal of 1992 along with Mel Phillips and Jimmy Garvin and these lads lost their job over it. Patterson was back under a year later!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Which ones? I mean main roster, not ring boys! (He was named in the sex scandal of 1992 along with Mel Phillips and Jimmy Garvin and these lads lost their job over it. Patterson was back under a year later!)

Sylvian Grenier was one of Pat's boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

And apparently Virgil in the past.

I heard a rumour Pat Patterson was dyslexic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

How true is that one about Snuka and his ex girlfriend who died under suspicious circumstances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

GTR63 wrote: »
    How true is that one about Snuka and his ex girlfriend who died under suspicious circumstances

I think they have re opened the case recently

Corholio wrote: »
    I heard a rumour Pat Patterson was dyslexic.

Maybe like Zap Brannigan, he had sexlexia, "a very sexy learning disability" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Why am I imagining Patterson now in a suit like Zapps! Eeeeewwww!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why am I imagining Patterson now in a suit like Zapps! Eeeeewwww!

Mmmmm, velour......

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Did Jerry Lawler really date an underage girl? I've heard that a bit, but only his monkey spanking in the cinema seems to be mentioned when you Google his scandals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Some of the stories I heard in school about wrestling were: Brittish Bulldog has fake muscles, they smear tomato ketchup on their forehead for blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Some of the stories I heard in school about wrestling were: Brittish Bulldog has fake muscles, they smear tomato ketchup on their forehead for blood.

My da wound me up for hours using this line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Otunga had implants to make him look like he had muscles!

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Deadlie wrote: »
    Did Jerry Lawler really date an underage girl? I've heard that a bit, but only his monkey spanking in the cinema seems to be mentioned when you Google his scandals.

Wasnt that Pee Wee Herman?

I just read this on Billy Jack Haynes' wikipedia page (not a great source but still)

Re: the Chris Benoit double murder/suicide
    In 2009, during a shoot interview with RF Video, Haynes criticized Vince McMahon for the deaths of several WWE wrestlers. He went as far as to blame McMahon for the Chris Benoit double murder and suicide and claiming that Daniel Benoit was actually McMahon's son, causing Benoit to commit the crimes after making the discovery

Stone Cold speaks to JR on the rumours of him Vs Hogan at Mania 18

From http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/318156/Ask-411-Wrestling-04.02.14:-WrestleMania-Plans,-Austin-vs.-Hogan,-More.htm
    The full recap …

Austin was also asked if he had any regrets for never working a major program with Hulk Hogan. The two did square off for a minute during a tag team match on RAW right before WrestleMania 18, which you can watch above. Austin said that at the time he was running real hard and was "hard headed as hell," and that he wasn't about to do a job for Hogan because the word then was that Hogan wasn't willing to do the favors for anyone. Austin said that while Hogan was open to having a match, he wasn't because he felt that their styles would clash and that the match wouldn't live up to his standards. At that time, Austin could go and he felt that Hogan would have been a step or two behind him, which wasn't acceptable to him. He won't do a high profile match just for a payoff. He said that if he wasn't as hard headed at the time, then a program should have happened, and he has the utmost respect for Hogan and everything he's done.

Austin brought up Hogan's match with The Rock at WrestleMania 18, and noted how they had the crowd in their palm of their hands. He said that it was one of the most electric crowds that he had ever seen, and that it was an unbelievable matchup, even though they didn't have to do much. He said that everything they did in that match meant so much and got an unbelievable response, and he took his hat off to both men for the match they put on.

Now, of course, that's just what Austin says now, so you may have to take some salt, but probably not a lot since Austin's not known as a bull****ter. So yeah, it's a case of Austin at the time being standoffish, and if Hogan didn't want to job (which is the default status with Hogan for the most part), and Austin didn't want to job, and Austin's also not going to swallow his pride and have a match just for money, they couldn't make it work out. With stars that big, if they don't want to do it, they don't want to do it. Sure, you could force it, but one or both might walk out or dog the match or work snug or anything could go wrong.

In retrospect, I'm sure Austin would want to do the match, but at the time he didn't want the match for the sake of having the match, if that makes sense. Hindsight is a hell of a thing, and Austin was very hard headed around that time, whereas today he's much more level headed.

The "Macko Man f*cked a 15 year old Stephanie" rumours have to be untrue now.

Right?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/12/2/7318707/steve-austin-podcast-vince-mcmahon-recap-reactions-cm-punk-undertaker-streak-sting

Randy Savage going into the Hall of Fame:

Perhaps Austin's biggest misstep was the manner in which he navigated this topic. WWE just released an incredibly well done documentary on Savage's career and rumors have persisted that he'll be going into the Hall of Fame soon. So Austin asks if that's happening and McMahon not only responds in the affirmative, he acts as though it's a silly question. Even if he hadn't, Austin should have followed up, but when you have McMahon acting like the idea of not putting Macho Man in the Hall is ridiculous, you have to ask why it is, then, that he's not already in a full 20 years after his WWE career ended and over three years following his death. At the very least, we've got Vince on record saying it's happening, and that feels right.

"WWE just released an incredibly well done documentary on Savage's career"

Utter garbage - it's a one-hour gloss cliff-notes made-for-TV documentary. The Stephanie rumours are never directly mentioned, it's indirectly acknowledged and move on in about 15 seconds. His entire WCW run was "he was outs with Hogan and put over DDP" and that's it.

That said Vince said he'll be going into the HoF "soon" (i.e. likely in 2015 with Sting as headliners) so...fantastic. I don't see what else it could be that had him on the outs, considering Vince put in a murderer (Jimmy Snuka) and his litany of lawsuits and problems with Hogan and Warrior.

In any case, very happy to see Savage get into the biggest wrestling HoF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I have a sour taste in my mouth when some of these guys are inducted posthumously. Randy Savage should have been in the Hall Of Fame as early as 2005, in my opinion. Whatever happened, I don't see what has changed their minds after all of this time, surely nothing could be much different now that he has passed away. Anyway, having said all that, I will probably mark out more than a little when I see the video package appear on a Monday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Austin's facial expression as he was pressing the question was priceless.

Stephanie would have been 17 when Savage left WWF and that sounds a bit dodgy legally like so I don't know about that rumour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well what is the age of consent in the United States? That is what it comes down to, did he break the law or not. But yeah, Steve Austin looked a little unsure when he was asking that, ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Well what is the age of consent in the United States?
    It's 16, 17, or 18, depending on the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Terrible thing about rumours if it goes on long enough people start to believe it and can ruin someone's reputation , There's no way Vince would put him in if it were true, Vince is petty and left him out in the dark cause he jumped to WCW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Given Vince apparently wanted to do an incest angle involving he and Steph then who knows what goes through his head?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

IIRC, the Benoit/Kevin Sullivan rumour was started by Tracy Smothers (at least that's when I first heard it). I know this because he was touring with us afterwards and gave an interview to an Irish lad who worked for PWInsider (apologies if it's someone on here), then came back and told us what a pile of BS he'd just fed this kid. I don't think he realised what he'd done - thinking perhaps it was just some random fan - but I saw the interview online a few days later and that's when the thing started to explode. Or at least when I started to notice it, maybe he was just regurgitating what was already out there.

A quick check says he was over with us in October 2007, so four months after it happened, which syncs up with how I remember it.

From Reddit

In all my years of following pro wrestling there isn't a bigger mystery than McMahon and Savage's relationship.
    We will probably never know what really went down. Throughout the years rumors have varied greatly but a few things seem to be consistent:
    1. During Savage's time in WWE he and Vince were very close. In some cases you hear that they were BFF's and were inseparable.
    2. Vince was pissed when Savage left for WCW. Macho Man felt like he had more in the tank and in the WWF he was only commentating at the time. His contract was up and they did a huge write up about Macho Man and a career retrospective in the WWF magazine and when the issue came out Macho was with WCW. This is a big deal however Vince has forgiven people who have done worse to him.
    Those are pretty much the only two consistent things you hear that make any sense. The rumor about Stephanie was an Internet rumor that spread. There were reports when Macho Man died Vince cried in his office all day, who knows if it's true.

My personal theory is this: Vince took Macho Man's jump way more personally than the others because of his rumored close relationship with him. I think he took it as if his own flesh and blood stabbed him in the back. I also think that when he died it ****ed with Vince's head because they never truly patched things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

But didn't vince personally make comments on air on raw to the camera and thanked macho man ?

Also that stephanie rumour IMO are just that a rumour.

Advertisement