Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi: parking with kids and trolleys

Options
  • 23-02-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

So I went to aldi on Saturday with a toddler and a baby. Parked in one of the many parent and child bays and then got out to get a trolley they could both sit in. All the trolleys are kept around to the left of the doors as you enter them, with the baby ones the farthest away. I had to leave the two kids in the car alone whilst I ran down to get one (I'll leave aside the fact that you have to rent them) and the same again once I was finished loading up the groceries. Does anyone else think this is crazy? Surely an additional trolley bay in the carpark would make sense?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

That's a very good point, worth mentioning to the management of Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    That's a very good point, worth mentioning to the management of Aldi

Tx pixbyjohn. Think I will. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience/thoughts on it. And to make sure I'm not missing something!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

All Aldi's are the same as far as I recall. I guess you could carry one child and let the other one walk with you to the trollies.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

All Aldi's are the same as far as I recall. I guess you could carry one child and let the other one walk with you to the trollies.

Nope. Where we used to live the carpark ran parallel to the store. There wasn't an l-shape as such around the building iykwim. So you still had eye contact of your car and a much shorter distance between the parent/child spaces and the trolleys. You're right though in saying they all have single trolley bays at the door. Just this one has them tucked quite a way away from the carpark IMHO. And yes, I could have done what you suggested and brought them to the trolley, but that's easier said than done especially when the weather ain't great!

Advertisement