Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barn Dance 2014

Options
  • 23-02-2014 11:49pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1606439_1423800201192656_1357927326_o.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Where is it?

Wouldn't mind if it was easy, I heard last year there was a real pain in the hole with buses back though, people waiting in the freezing cold until 6am n all

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nm wrote: »
    Where is it?

Wouldn't mind if it was easy, I heard last year there was a real pain in the hole with buses back though, people waiting in the freezing cold until 6am n all

Secret Location . Yea same if i can grab a few lads to head to it i def will . The Minutes , Fish Go Deep , Booka Brass Band , The Barley Mob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Fish go deep are great! How do you get more info on this?

Secret Location .

And where is this secret location?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it was down around Glendalough last year, same place as Samhain was held.
    was held at a farm down around Naas before that.

• Advertisement

it was down around Glendalough last year, same place as Samhain was held.
    was held at a farm down around Naas before that.

Ah if its near Naas this year id be raging since i live in Kildare

i think they moved it from there because the farm wasn't big enough for the crowds, so doubt it will go back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iwannadrive

Hello :)

What's the crowd like ?

Is it just everyone out to have a good time and enjoy it or could it get abit rough ?

Basically wondering is it an Electric Picnic crowd or SHM in Phoenix Park crowd :P

Seems like it would be good craic but want to know what I'm signing up for as don't want to be stranded at a skanger fest and no way out till 3am :P

Hope you can help :)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Hello :)

What's the crowd like ?

Is it just everyone out to have a good time and enjoy it or could it get abit rough ?

Basically wondering is it an Electric Picnic crowd or SHM in Phoenix Park crowd :P

Seems like it would be good craic but want to know what I'm signing up for as don't want to be stranded at a skanger fest and no way out till 3am :P

Hope you can help :)

Cheers.

Definitely more of an older electric picnic crowd. Great vibe and cant beat byob so as not having to pay €6 for a plastic cup of heineken.

Was stuck waiting 90 minutes for a bus home last year and there were still a lot people behind me as we left. Was at Samhain a few months ago which was in the same place so as soon as the music stopped we beelined to the buses as everyone else was still standing around. Straight on the bus and away so id recommend doing that. Though i wonder with the new location how much bigger its going to be this year. Theres also a train going there and back but it leaves at 1:30 (music finishes as 3) so id rather chance the bus.

Glad the buses are leaving from town this year. Leaving from ucd last year was such a pain to get to from the north side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This is sounding interesting, went to Samhain and really enjoyed it, is this a similar sort of event? Will tickets sell out much in advance or would I be alright leaving it another few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

This is sounding interesting, went to Samhain and really enjoyed it, is this a similar sort of event? Will tickets sell out much in advance or would I be alright leaving it another few weeks?
    if ya gettin tickets get now sure its only few weeks to it

Well it didnt sell out last year and they are moving to an apparently bigger location this year so....

I dont have my ticket yet anyway gonna pick mine up hopefully next week funds permitting.

If you liked Samhain you'll enjoy this, similiar music and crowd.

Think its in Wicklow since i got a notification on bandsintown for The Minutes

Minutes Barndance, Wicklow - Wicklow, Ireland Fri, Apr 18, 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Can't wait for this now! Jamie Jones, Krystal Klear, Fritz Kalkbrenner yee haa!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tradtshirt

looks like its in avondale house near rathdrum

http://www.wicklownews.net/2014/04/locals-worried-about-anti-social-behaviour-at-good-friday-rave/

also the site map looks like avondale, so its in the maintenance yard on the left as you enter the estate, not parnell's gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

sounds deadly, i wanna go! stupid work :/

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Anyone been to Barndance in previous years & know what is/isn't allowed in - presume no glass bottles, is there a limit on the BYOB? Not that I'm planning on bringing the whole offy or anythin!

eoin99 wrote: »
    Anyone been to Barndance in previous years & know what is/isn't allowed in - presume no glass bottles, is there a limit on the BYOB? Not that I'm planning on bringing the whole offy or anythin!

Once your not taking the pi$$ theres no limit afaik. I brought 10 cans and a bottle of bucky (in a plastic bottle!) last year. Didnt drink all that but I didnt want to run out of booze in the middle of nowhere!

Looking forward to it now hope the weathers decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

The line up is decent, but 60 euro before booking fee, bus etc, for the privilege of drinking warm booze, is not for me.

• Advertisement

daRobot wrote: »
    The line up is decent, but 60 euro before booking fee, bus etc, for the privilege of drinking warm booze, is not for me.

ye but its cheaper than the 6 euro pint they charge at most festivals

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    ye but its cheaper than the 6 euro pint they charge at most festivals

True, but I'd be happy to pay the premium for a chilled beer. Warm booze is nasty.

10153030_1443030532602956_7157798795470601217_n.jpg

Map released, seems a lot more spread out than last year.
    daRobot wrote: »
    True, but I'd be happy to pay the premium for a chilled beer. Warm booze is nasty.

Stick to whiskey :pac:

The option for the train seems to be gone from the website, sold out I'm guessing?

Edit to answer my own question: "The Barn Dance Express Train – cancelled"

security was nuts at this!

Yea so how was it? Didnt make it in the end

They moved the venue at the last minute from Avondale House back to the place it was last year, but it was much bigger with a grass area and outdoor stage. That explains why there was no train I suppose.

That was grand, but the flyers all had the wrong info on them then, eg: The Minutes were down for the Barn Stage but were actually on the main stage/garden stage or whatever it was (the big outdoor one) due to the change and weren't updated.

Security was grand, no queues anywhere, no hassle with the buses. All in all, it was good.
    Great weather.

mustn't have sold as well as they were thinking, they were still advertising it on FB and trying to get people to come down and pay at the door at 9:30pm on the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Great day out, who gives a rats where it was on! Sun was shining, good tunes, hot birds what more do you want from a one day festival! :rolleyes::)

• Advertisement

Was Dj Sneak any use?

Advertisement