Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw recommendation

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭kay 9

Pm me your phone number. I'll save it for future porting. 150 ain't bad instead of me making a dogs dinner and having to buy extra gear such as tachs etc. Is that 77cc kit compatible in the 372xp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

kay 9 wrote: »
    Pm me your phone number. I'll save it for future porting. 150 ain't bad instead of me making a dogs dinner and having to buy extra gear such as tachs etc. Is that 77cc kit compatible in the 372xp?

It will work in any 365/372/2165/2163/2171/2172 chassis. And it is the easiest way to gain power when you install a ported one. I am trying to see how many I can get and for how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hiromoto

Went with the 550xp in the end, little animal

hiromoto wrote: »

Best of luck with it. Great saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Will 650 euro buy one with a 16" bar and chain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hiromoto

O.A.P wrote: »
    Will 650 euro buy one with a 16" bar and chain ?

Not quite, add forty to that. 15 inch bar.

What kind of guarantee did ya get? Make sure to run good quality 2t oil or preferably aspen in that saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

A lot of money for a small saw.
    I need to replace one and I.m looking at a 346 xp from the states . If I can still get one , think I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sthilmick

I have a Stihl 261 for a year. and a 362 only new .The 550 is similar to the 261 in power and performance it'll work up to a 16 inch bar but that's about it the 550/261 are like 125 moto GP race bikes and are great up to a point I absolutely love mine and work it right up to the bar limit but after that you need some more power you could get a pair of bars on a 560 say a 14inch and a 20inch you'd have a nice short bar for thinning and a decent length one for bigger stuff I know that a lot of full time saw men are doing that

Advertisement