Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More business' closing :(

• 24-02-2014 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Charlie Stewerts closing 2nd March and Clowntown Tattoos closing next week, both announced in their FB pages :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Seriously saddened at that news. Lads at clowntown are sound , but charlies got awful quiet over the year. Still nice place to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Folks can we not have speculation on whether a business is closing or not.

It can be damaging to a business and is how rumours begin.

I have deleted two posts in this thread, one which was asking if a certain business was closing, and another that quoted that post.

Businesses have it tough enough as it is without having to contend with anything that could spark a negative rumour about them, so let's think before we post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Jhcx wrote: »
    Seriously saddened at that news. Lads at clowntown are sound , but charlies got awful quiet over the year. Still nice place to go.

Glad to have the heads up that Charlie Stewart's Facebook page makes it clear that it's only Charlies pub is closing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Bowes Newsagents has closed, Pink Cafe in summer hill has closed also

Leavys shoe shop and Moodies Milkshakes have both signs on their windows saying they are closing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭minnow

maiden wrote: »
    Bowes Newsagents has closed, Pink Cafe in summer hill has closed also

Leavys shoe shop and Moodies Milkshakes have both signs on their windows saying they are closing

Shame about Leavys. I really like that shop, always my first port of call for shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Where is Bowes Newsagents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Across from Cathedral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

minnow wrote: »
    Shame about Leavys. I really like that shop, always my first port of call for shoes.

Same here, always check them out. Sorry to here they're closing down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Was always mystified as to Charlie Stewarts popularity back in the day. Very dark, ugly decor and terrible smoking area.

Sorry to see Clowntown go. While I'm not into getting tattoos done myself I've often admired the quality of their work. Sound bunch of lads as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Was always mystified as to Charlie Stewarts popularity back in the day. Very dark, ugly decor and terrible smoking area.

Charlie's has a wonderful smoking area out the back, unfortunately they never got permission for it from the residents in Summer Hill. They used to have the best lunch in town as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have often wondered how a tattoo shop does good business in a town the size of Ennis, what with a choice of them in the road in Limerick as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Tadhg has a reputation for doing good work. People will travel across the country to get tattoos done if they like the artist, or at least they did when there was more money around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Tadhg has a reputation for doing good work. People will travel across the country to get tattoos done if they like the artist, or at least they did when there was more money around.

Exactly. A good reputation will have punters travelling to get work done.

I live in Limerick most of the time, but get any new work or touch ups done in Liverpool or Cork. Not a hope of me going to an artist with a lesser reputation just because they were closer to where I am living.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

There is a much better artist than Tadgh working in Freedom Ink in Ennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Well thats a matter of opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I see Royal Orchid Thai restaurant is closed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Who is that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

JustLen wrote: »
    Who is that?

Eric, IMO of course.

Advertisement