Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cards Against Humanity

Options
  • 24-02-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

This is not a tradable card game, so I assume this is the forum to ask...
    Does anyone know if this can be gotten in any shop in Ireland, or will I need to find it online from the states?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Most people I know have printed it from the internet and laminated it. I have never seen someone using an actual store brought cards against humanity. I imagine you can buy it on Amazon.co.uk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they might get it in in gamersword if you ask

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's available from Amazon UK now, but they won't ship it to Ireland. I got around that with Parcel Motel, but there's no big advantage to having the retail set over the printable version from the site. I only picked it up because I wanted the expansions.

In hindsight, I was as happy with the printable version and the extra sheets of blank cards to tailor it more to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ordered from Amazon via Parcel Motel here too. Didn't have a way to print and laminate it myself without having to go somewhere commercial to get it done, so it was the easier option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

They only sell it through their website or Amazon. I remember reading at some point that they have plans to sell to retailers but can't find anything on it right now.

• Advertisement

Earthhorse wrote: »
    They only sell it through their website or Amazon. I remember reading at some point that they have plans to sell to retailers but can't find anything on it right now.

I never bothered with the lamination. I just went to a good print shop I use for oversize photo/promo prints and had them run it out on 250gsm matte card stock. Perfect weight and feel for them. Only cost me about €12, including a few extra sheets of blank cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I knew that you could print it out yourself, but I was feeling lazy so I thought I would see if it was available conveniently in Ireland :pac:.

I'll get it printed out somewhere in town, I guess.
    Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

Amazon.co.uk and Parcel Motel

It's a fun game but it does get boring very quickly. Played it about a dozen times now and I wouldn't be bothered with it again unless it was a completely different group.

That said it's fun while it lasts

It's a great end-of-night game, or general party game. I think the longevity comes out of it when you start putting in custom cards more often. Last time I played it, we decided to each take five blank answer cards at the start, fill in four topical answers, and shuffle those into the deck. The fifth was a blank you kept in your hand until you wanted to fill it in and play it to suit the question card.
    It made for some hilarious play. definitely spiced it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

NakedDex wrote: »
    I never bothered with the lamination. I just went to a good print shop I use for oversize photo/promo prints and had them run it out on 250gsm matte card stock. Perfect weight and feel for them. Only cost me about €12, including a few extra sheets of blank cards.

Do you mind me asking what shop you got them done?

• Advertisement

marvin80 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what shop you got them done?

I had mine printed in Hackett's in Limerick, but any good print shop will do them on good, heavy card.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 JackGM

There's an online version of the game, entirely free: 'Pretend You're XYZZY'. You can create games with server passwords easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Saw this and didn't want to start a new thread unnecessarily.

Has anyone played the game yet. I went on to buy it from their website and I had to choose a country UK, USA, Canada Australia.

I was wondering if it I buy the "UK" or "USA" deck are the cards more UK/US-centric do they cater to the audience of their respective country.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Gannicus wrote: »
    Saw this and didn't want to start a new thread unnecessarily.

Has anyone played the game yet. I went on to buy it from their website and I had to choose a country UK, USA, Canada Australia.

I was wondering if it I buy the "UK" or "USA" deck are the cards more UK/US-centric do they cater to the audience of their respective country.

Nah, I think they're all the same. We took a lot of the US ones out of the deck because they annoyed people every time.

Advertisement