Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim Festival 2014

Options
  • 24-02-2014 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

So far a great line up and only one main act announced!

The First 2014 Headliner to be confirmed is Kasabian the 2014 line up also includes following confirmed acts Tinie Tempah, Jake Bugg, Chase & Status, M.I.A., Tame Impala, Manic Street Preachers, James, Klaxons, Sub Focus, Of Montreal, Courteeners, The Charlatans, Presidents of the United States of America, The 1975, Kodaline, and Telegram.It is the 20th anniversary festival and already looks a stella line up.

Who's going??

What's your travel plans??

What your hotel/apartments or you getting a tent??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

but1er wrote: »
    So far a great line up and only one main act announced!

The First 2014 Headliner to be confirmed is Kasabian the 2014 line up also includes following confirmed acts Tinie Tempah, Jake Bugg, Chase & Status, M.I.A., Tame Impala, Manic Street Preachers, James, Klaxons, Sub Focus, Of Montreal, Courteeners, The Charlatans, Presidents of the United States of America, The 1975, Kodaline, and Telegram.It is the 20th anniversary festival and already looks a stella line up.

Who's going??

What's your travel plans??

What your hotel/apartments or you getting a tent??

First year going to this, decided to book into a hotel ... after camping at Open'er in Poland last summer I realized I cant stick the heat 5 days camping! ! Hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the site so just perfect.

Flying into Barca... looks like a 3 hour train journey then? !

Very much looking forward to Mr Weller :) & seeing what Beni will be doing to celebrate the 20 years !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone who's been before, is camping difficult in the heat?..
    And is it easy to get to form Ireland?
    thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

bigbudda wrote: »
    after camping at Open'er in Poland last summer I realized I cant stick the heat 5 days camping! ! Hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the site so just perfect.

That heat was cruel. We ended up cutting a "velux" in our tent it got so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

bigbudda wrote: »
    First year going to this, decided to book into a hotel ... after camping at Open'er in Poland last summer I realized I cant stick the heat 5 days camping! ! Hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the site so just perfect.

Very much looking forward to Mr Weller :) & seeing what Beni will be doing to celebrate the 20 years !

What hotel? Think of doing Tuesday to Tuesday!

6 dubs heading might as well take of a hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Been the last 2 years and have tickets for this year but not decided whether were going or not.

No chance would I dream of camping at it, met lads last year who were nearly thinking of going home rather than face another night of camping!!

As the festival doesn't finish each night until about 5 - 6 am, by the time you're back in your tent the sun is coming up and the tent is like an oven, impossible to sleep in so most people head to the beach and look for a shaded area to get some sleep, then repeat this the next night, and the next night...

Both times we went we flew into Reus with Ryanair and got a bus from there with www.eufest.com, bus is just under 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

What hotel? Think of doing Tuesday to Tuesday!

6 dubs heading might as well take of a hotel

We booked Trinimar hotel, 900euro for monday t monday and still rooms left I believe.

Just us two dub girls going, I hear the hotels there are packed with festival goers though so shouldnt miss out too much on the campsite craic!

anyone recommend any accom near by?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    anyone recommend any accom near by?

If there's 6 of you going I'd be looking into getting a villa, will work out much cheaper.

Any links for villas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

We camped year before last. Honestly wasn't that bad. Like it wasn't great but it was OK. If your going to camp get there early to get under the tarps they put up. Otherwise you might die. Campsite is great Craic but you would want to be pretty hardy to stick it for 5 or 6 nights. I'd camp again if I was going this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Aye if you are young and hardy and gonna be drinking most the time the camping isn't actually too bad. You just power through it with the booze :D It's great craic in the campsite and handy being so close to the festival(if you get that campsite beside it).

But yes, the heat is pretty intense. Considering you don't get to sleep until around 4 or 5 am, you will be woken by the beating sun most mornings at 8 or 9. A lot of people would find shaded areas in the town during the day and kip there.

We did it twice camping and survived. We also stayed in a bungalow at camping bonterra twice which is amazing luxury but a bit of a trek at 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

As others have said it's not too bad camping. Just try have a bit of water in the tent at all times. If you want to sleep you will be able to! I had a small tent to myself which obviously helped so don't get pressured into sharing a tent! Yes the sun does come up early but it coincides with the quietest time of the day in the campsite so you should sneak in a few hours sleep.

Also don't sleep on a lie low if you are camping. The gullys in it basically turn into sweat filled rivers. Shudder.

Maybe I'm just too old for camping, but after partying all night I like a sleep for a few hours.

That's where the air-conditioned room comes in handy, with a cold beer in the fridge for when I wake up before I go and lounge beside the pool for a while. Then maybe another afternoon siesta before partying the night away again... :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Going this year myself. Still trying to figure out whether to camp or not!

Fancy having a board's meet up over there?

I'm looking at this a little more seriously now, which is the best airport to fly into with regards transport to the festival?

Also, are most of the headline slots filled?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

Been there twice.. I'm so jealous of you lot!!

Flew to Barcelona, got the train, book it in advance thou!

Stayed here: http://www.marinador.com/accommodation-apartment...
    The first time there was 5 of us, it was bit tight cos we stayed for 6 days, but the second time only 3 of us, it was perfect.

Opresa is the town and it runs buses to and from the festival - really handy, think you pay 50 quid and you have a nice, clean bed and hot shower :)

Enjoy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I'm looking at this a little more seriously now, which is the best airport to fly into with regards transport to the festival?

Also, are most of the headline slots filled?

reus or valencia are the best to fly into as they are the closest. if you go via valencia and theres a group of ye just get a taxi, 4of us haggled a taxi driver down to a €100 to drop us right to our hotel which was the same price each as what the bus cost.

as regards headliners as far as i know kasabian are the only ones so still leaves three to be announced.
    ive been the last 2years and managed to get early bird tickets for €80 this year so gonna head over again. cracking festival

StinkySocs wrote: »

Stayed here: http://www.marinador.com/accommodation-apartment...
    The first time there was 5 of us, it was bit tight cos we stayed for 6 days, but the second time only 3 of us, it was perfect.

Opresa is the town and it runs buses to and from the festival - really handy, think you pay 50 quid and you have a nice, clean bed and hot shower :)

Enjoy...

dying to stay in this marinador but just cant understand it! How many hotels are based in it? Minds boggled

when do we normally get more announcements? :)

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    when do we normally get more announcements? :)

dunno got Lilly Allen (very excited) and Ellie goulding ( good to stare it) yesterday. Say they will be a big one next week...

prodigy fingers cross

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I wonder if Arctic Monkeys are playing this year... Was considering going to T in the Park but would definitely go to Benicassim if they were playing.

rorrissey wrote: »
    I wonder if Arctic Monkeys are playing this year... Was considering going to T in the Park but would definitely go to Benicassim if they were playing.

They are in Italy on the 17th and France on the 19th, hopefully they get squeezed in somewhere.

They are in Italy on the 17th and France on the 19th, hopefully they get squeezed in somewhere.

Two years in a row slim

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

dying to stay in this marinador but just cant understand it! How many hotels are based in it? Minds boggled

There's loads of apartments blocks, but I think this website looks after 2.

It's a nice little town, would keep away from the Irish & English bars there thou...well I'm an auld one so that might be just me :o but a few gammy niteclubs and beach huts to go to that are good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

StinkySocs wrote: »

QUOTE]

I've just booked the hotels and will be booking my barcelona flights next week.

Do you know the cost the train tickets and which website you booked them through ?

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/

We used that website. Forget how much the train cost but it wasn't much. Book early as there will be mountains of people looking to get on them. I'd suggest getting an early train back to Barcelona too. We got the 7.30 ish train on monday morning. Was delightful. Air con comfy seats. Slept the whole way to Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

cheers, We are stayig in castellon, so the plan is to get the train to there and then the shuttle from the hotel to the festival each evening.

I've read on another few forums that it can go ont until4/5 in the morning. Is this correct and if so do the headliners play last or at like a peak time ? eg 12 O'Clock ?

ryaner777 wrote: »
    cheers, We are stayig in castellon, so the plan is to get the train to there and then the shuttle from the hotel to the festival each evening.

I've read on another few forums that it can go ont until4/5 in the morning. Is this correct and if so do the headliners play last or at like a peak time ? eg 12 O'Clock ?

headliners usually come on between 10:30 to 12:30, music goes on until well past5. we left at like half5 a couple of nights last year and there was still music playing

• Advertisement

What flights are people getting to this? struggling to find decent transfer times to benicassim with the current flights available, was thinking if there was enough from here on boards getting same flights could organise a mini bus?

Advertisement