Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

im flying out the Tuesday but no idea to where

mini bus be smashing im staying marina d'or

few cans on the bus down

great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

I'm heading out on the thursday morning to barcelona.

Plan was to get the train down to castellon as we are staying close to that but we'd be happy to jump on an irish tour bus if theres one going !

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thinking of renting a car and driving down to the place. Might be easier to do that from Valencia, plus it's a backup sleeping area :-D

I'm selling tickets on toutless at early bird prices by the way (mods, if I can't mention selling tickets, just let me know. Apologies in advance if not allowed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

O lord the heat of sleeping in a car. I'm certain you'd die.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

O lord the heat of sleeping in a car. I'm certain you'd die.

I suppose he could leave the air con on in the car all night though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

New acts announced today:
    Example, Above & Beyond, Paolo Nutini and Tom Odell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Still 3headliners left to be announced afaik

http://www.marinadorapartments.com

Just got a great price from this website

Anyone know how to double check its safe and I'm not been conned cheers

but1er wrote: »
    http://www.marinadorapartments.com

Just got a great price from this website

Anyone know how to double check its safe and I'm not been conned cheers

We're looking there too. The missus was there in 2008 and loved it. Trip Advisor gives shocking reviews from 2009 tho. There's nothing really since then.

Think a few others earlier in the thread mentioned that place. We've only decided to go since yesterday. Have to lookup flights as well. She was saying to fly to Barcelona but apparently its 4 hours drive away or something!!

The_B_Man wrote: »
    We're looking there too. The missus was there in 2008 and loved it. Trip Advisor gives shocking reviews from 2009 tho. There's nothing really since then.

Think a few others earlier in the thread mentioned that place. We've only decided to go since yesterday. Have to lookup flights as well. She was saying to fly to Barcelona but apparently its 4 hours drive away or something!!
    book the train its onky about 2hours20mins

• Advertisement

Its about trusting the website, think I'll stick with travel republic!

Mini bus we have 4 flying out 15th another 6

but1er wrote: »
    Its about trusting the website, think I'll stick with travel republic!

Mini bus we have 4 flying out 15th another 6

100 euro return barca airport to Benni and back!! That's for 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I was there in 2009, the company was Dane's FIB, they were absolutely beyond terrible. Think 6 - 10 hour queues to get the keys, the bus moving around all the time leaving people stranded at 5am, people arriving to find their apartment was double booked, etc, etc.

Marina D'or the area itself is grand though so if its another company you'll be fine.

I went in 2011 aswell, used these guys - http://www.orcaservices.org/ and got a place in Beni town itself. Cost a bit more but was worth it, that was perfect. The town is good craic all the days leading up to the festival too.

http://m.booking.com/hotel/es/apartamentos-solo-alojamiento.html?aid=400000;#m_htReviews

staying here, got so annoyed off trying to book somewhere we just went for it!

roll on July 15th

nm wrote: »
    I was there in 2009, the company was Dane's FIB, they were absolutely beyond terrible. Think 6 - 10 hour queues to get the keys, the bus moving around all the time leaving people stranded at 5am, people arriving to find their apartment was double booked, etc, etc.

Marina D'or the area itself is grand though so if its another company you'll be fine.

I went in 2011 aswell, used these guys - http://www.orcaservices.org/ and got a place in Beni town itself. Cost a bit more but was worth it, that was perfect. The town is good craic all the days leading up to the festival too.

How far is the Marina D'Or place from the town?

As someone who's never been there, I'm thinking in terms of quality. There's 5 of us going. Probably gonna book Marina D'Or 6 person apartment, but if we can get the same quality room in the town, that might be a better option. Or if the price difference is small, we'd consider just getting a bus or taxi into the town.

As someone who's never been there, I'm thinking in terms of quality. There's 5 of us going. Probably gonna book Marina D'Or 6 person apartment, but if we can get the same quality room in the town, that might be a better option. Or if the price difference is small, we'd consider just getting a bus or taxi into the town.

About 20 - 25 minutes in the coach. The journey time is fine, and Marina D'or town itself has a few pubs and a supermarket so it's fine there, the only inconvenience really is when you can't get or miss the bus, because chances of getting a taxi are really slim in that size crowd.

That said, our apartment in Benicassim town was twice the size of the one we got in Marina D'or. Way better quality. Dunno if they're all like that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Never stayed in Marina D'Or, but talking to people last year that were staying in it, like above, they said it was lovely but the only problem was trying to get back to it after the festival. Standing in a queue for a bus or a taxi for an hour after the festival is not an ideal way to end the night.

Cool thanks.

Another one. Whats the likelihood of more acts being added to the lineup before then? Have they said its finalised?

Cool thanks.

Another one. Whats the likelihood of more acts being added to the lineup before then? Have they said its finalised?

Another 3headliners to be announced. Kasabian only headliners so far

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Another 3headliners to be announced. Kasabian only headliners so far

really bored of waiting!!

im expecting the worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

The headliners (and the whole line up in general) were fairly late being announced last year.

Even with just a few bands that you like, it's still a festival well worth going to, great vibe at it, and you get a week in the sun thrown in for good measure!!

TopBombing wrote: »
    The headliners (and the whole line up in general) were fairly late being announced last year.

Even with just a few bands that you like, it's still a festival well worth going to, great vibe at it, and you get a week in the sun thrown in for good measure!!

There a bit later than usual this year though. Qotsa killers and arctic monkeys were all announced around christmas last year. Beady eye/primal scream co headlime was announced around march/april. But seeing as its the 20th anniversary im sure theyll have something decent up their sleeve. Agree though its definitely a festival well worth going too. Cracking festival!

Ye hopefully the anniversary will be a good one.

Just booked me flights and tickets etc. Rented a car for the week so just gonna drive from Barca to Beni and back again. Gonna be class!!
    Think we went with Marina D'Or apartments, at least as a backup (booking.com does free cancellations), so if we find anywhere better, we can move on that.

Can't wait for this!

Ye hopefully the anniversary will be a good one.

Just booked me flights and tickets etc. Rented a car for the week so just gonna drive from Barca to Beni and back again. Gonna be class!!
    Think we went with Marina D'Or apartments, at least as a backup (booking.com does free cancellations), so if we find anywhere better, we can move on that.

Can't wait for this!

when you arriving??

getting the early plane on the 15th. heading back on the late one on the 22nd.

Just thinking, those Marina Dors are 2 bed. Theres 5 of us going. Are we gonna get there and find out someone has to sleep on the sofa bed? It says they sleep 6. Dunno how thats possible with a 2 bed!

Just thinking, those Marina Dors are 2 bed. Theres 5 of us going. Are we gonna get there and find out someone has to sleep on the sofa bed? It says they sleep 6. Dunno how thats possible with a 2 bed!

what airport??

there is 4 of us heading and staying in a 2 room. 1 single 2 single sofa bed (asked for a single bed)

its a really confusing building

I booked Aer Lingus to Barcelona. It doesnt say which airport. Ryanair has a few options alright but the aer lingus site only says "Barcelona".

Ye I heard its a confusing complex. I've seen reviews where people where just handed their keys and sent on their way, only to be confronted with rows and rows of identical buildings with no idea where to go.

Marina D'Or seems cool in the way that it'll be full of festival goers having the craic, but I dunno, I'd prob still prefer to stay in the town rather than Oropesa Del Mer. Be handy just walking to the venue, or walking to the beach or whatever.
    Like I said above, we've the place booked on booking.com which gives free cancellation so we might try find a place in the town, and if not, just fall back to the original booking.

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong. We got this place, not Marina Dor:
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/vacaciones-mar-y-arena-oropesa-del-mar.en-gb.html?sid=71c672f30089d75df26aa90e178c609a;dcid=1;checkin=2014-07-15;checkout=2014-07-22;ucfs=1;group_adults=5;group_children=0;group_rooms=77259002_83063981_0_0_5_0_0;srfid=85c71dd59d2f159d2c70e8cc27532c5288b7b73cX11

3 bed was 910 for the week. Apparently sleeps 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CKrules

I thought you were driving there and back???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I booked Aer Lingus to Barcelona. It doesnt say which airport. Ryanair has a few options alright but the aer lingus site only says "Barcelona".

Ye I heard its a confusing complex. I've seen reviews where people where just handed their keys and sent on their way, only to be confronted with rows and rows of identical buildings with no idea where to go.

Marina D'Or seems cool in the way that it'll be full of festival goers having the craic, but I dunno, I'd prob still prefer to stay in the town rather than Oropesa Del Mer. Be handy just walking to the venue, or walking to the beach or whatever.
    Like I said above, we've the place booked on booking.com which gives free cancellation so we might try find a place in the town, and if not, just fall back to the original booking.

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong. We got this place, not Marina Dor:
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/vacaciones-mar-y-arena-oropesa-del-mar.en-gb.html?sid=71c672f30089d75df26aa90e178c609a;dcid=1;checkin=2014-07-15;checkout=2014-07-22;ucfs=1;group_adults=5;group_children=0;group_rooms=77259002_83063981_0_0_5_0_0;srfid=85c71dd59d2f159d2c70e8cc27532c5288b7b73cX11

3 bed was 910 for the week. Apparently sleeps 8!

So The_B_Man what bands and DJs are you going to see?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

They count one fold out couch as a double bed as standard, so 2 per room and 2 in the living room on the fold out.

Advertisement