Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

12 acts today about time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

CKrules wrote: »
    I thought you were driving there and back???

Driving from airport to hotel, then from hotel back to airport at the end of the week.
    So The_B_Man what bands and DJs are you going to see?

After todays announcement, I'll be going to see Travis anyway. Havent listened to them in years. Prob go see a few others like paolo nutini, example, timie tempah, SHM, Manic street preachers. I'll prob just float about and either catch as much acts as possible, or relax in the sunshine and then go see the big acts. :D

. Skizophonic

2. The Parrots

3. El Ultimo Vecino

4. Kokoshca

5. Mucho

6. Triangulo de Amor Bizarro

7. Jero Romero

8. La Femme

9. Chloe Howl

10. Hozier

11. Travis

12.razorlight

what a crock of s#it

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Headed to this 2 years ago so said i'd pass on some tips!

Heat was torture in the tent in the mornings. Most of the mornings we headed into town (around 6am-7am or so when it got too warm in the tent) and grabbed some sleep in this playground. Crawl into one of the huts which is in the shade and nice and cool and grab a few hours sleep! https://www.google.ie/maps/@40.051821,0.058231,3a,26.8y,96.98h,84.03t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s6eGxxM6zi81VCtc3LM6hYw!2e0

The whole plaza was full of the festival crowd so there was no local children about.

Also, we used to get a cool box, fill it with ice, buy a few litres of cheap local beer, and some parma ham etc to snack on and lounge by the edge of the fountain all day.

There was always something going on for entertainment (impromptu games of keepy uppies etc) and the same faces used to show up at the fountain each day. Think we (myself and a mate) went for 8 days so after the first few days there was a crew of about 10-12 of us hanging around together!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Holy ****, that link to google maps is hilarious!! Scroll a bit to the left.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Headed to this 2 years ago so said i'd pass on some tips!

Heat was torture in the tent in the mornings. Most of the mornings we headed into town (around 6am-7am or so when it got too warm in the tent) and grabbed some sleep in this playground. Crawl into one of the huts which is in the shade and nice and cool and grab a few hours sleep! https://www.google.ie/maps/@40.051821,0.058231,3a,26.8y,96.98h,84.03t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s6eGxxM6zi81VCtc3LM6hYw!2e0

The whole plaza was full of the festival crowd so there was no local children about.

Also, we used to get a cool box, fill it with ice, buy a few litres of cheap local beer, and some parma ham etc to snack on and lounge by the edge of the fountain all day.

There was always something going on for entertainment (impromptu games of keepy uppies etc) and the same faces used to show up at the fountain each day. Think we (myself and a mate) went for 8 days so after the first few days there was a crew of about 10-12 of us hanging around together!

Yeah was there 2 years ago as well. We would usually last until 10/11am in the tents as far as I can remember. We would then get the bus down to the beach get a big lunch/breakfast in a cafe there and then spend the whole day lying on the beach under umbrellas trying to sleep. One day it was really windy so had to find somewhere else in town to sleep. It was funny, every public place with even a little bit of shade was taken up by sleeping festival goers! Think if I was going back I would probably try and get an apartment but still glad I did the tents at least once?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Holy ****, that link to google maps is hilarious!! Scroll a bit to the left.....

I spotted that alright! :D

Think if I was going back I would probably try and get an apartment but still glad I did the tents at least once?

Couldn't agree more with this, if it's the first time, def get a tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CKrules

but1er wrote: »
    . Skizophonic

2. The Parrots

3. El Ultimo Vecino

4. Kokoshca

5. Mucho

6. Triangulo de Amor Bizarro

7. Jero Romero

8. La Femme

9. Chloe Howl

10. Hozier

11. Travis

12.razorlight

what a crock of s#it

Shocking!!!!!

Flights booked to Valencia only 200 quid bargain

Land Tuesday evening and leave the following Tuesday at 10pm

Anyone else on these flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

for people who have been before, is the heat really unbearable?
    what about in villacamp is it much better ?

Anybody thought about the pictures on the poster?

I was reading an interesting post on another forum. Someone said are there clues in it?

Lemons for Stone Roses.

The Monkey for Arctic Monkeys and personally I think the 4 red guys for Kraftwerk.

Maybe Iggy pop the topless guy

Beck for the row boat

Any thoughts?

Anybody thought about the pictures on the poster?

I was reading an interesting post on another forum. Someone said are there clues in it?

Lemons for Stone Roses.

The Monkey for Arctic Monkeys and personally I think the 4 red guys for Kraftwerk.

Maybe Iggy pop the topless guy

Beck for the row boat

Any thoughts?

**** i didnt even notice

great points i think you could right altough i doubt AM will play consecutive years

JackMcA wrote: »
    **** i didnt even notice

great points i think you could right altough i doubt AM will play consecutive years

Thinking it's the pixies, monkey with halo and no. 6

And massive attack. Fire with no. 2

Thinking it's the pixies, monkey with halo and no. 6

And massive attack. Fire with no. 2

could be but as headliners that would be very disapponting for their 20th anniversary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Nah its not unbearable. Its hot as **** but you get used to it fairly quickly. The key to sleeping if your camping is to be totally mangled drunk. It really is the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

The heat is magic, not unbearable at all. Great strolling about on the beach by day having a beer in the sun.

Haven't been in Villacamp so can't comment on that.

Unfortunately my circumstances have changed and I won't be able to make it this year, just put 2 early bird tickets up for sale on Toutless.com :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

PM sent topbomer

Anyone have any guesses or know from years before when they announce the full lineup ... Have to decide between Glasto or Benicassim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone have any guesses or know from years before when they announce the full lineup ... Have to decide between Glasto or Benicassim

Benicassim is usually nearly fully announced by now. Seems to be some sort of hold up this year though as theres still 3headliners to be announced where as last year 3headliners had been announced b4 christmas. Id say if u have a chance to go to glastonbury go and use benicassim as a back up

• Advertisement

Are you mental? If you have a ticket for Glasto, don't even consider Beni.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Do you have a glasto ticket?! And you're considering Beni..
    If you've no use I'll gladly take it off your hands..

the pictures on the poster are bands that have played over the 20 years, dont be trying to guess what band are playing this year by looking at them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jamminintheusa

I'd recommend the Marina d'Or Apartments. Stayed here a couple of years of years ago with a few lads for the festival. Good value and great location for the festival.

anyone flying into barcelona from dublin on july 17th?

yeah,im out on the aer lingus flight on the 17th at about 6.30 into barcelona

ryaner777 wrote: »
    yeah,im out on the aer lingus flight on the 17th at about 6.30 into barcelona

Yea we're on that flight too. How u getting to beni? I booked the 11.00 train but flight arrives at 10.10 might b cutting it a bit fine as train station is bout 15mins from airport

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Yea we're on that flight too. How u getting to beni? I booked the 11.00 train but flight arrives at 10.10 might b cutting it a bit fine as train station is bout 15mins from airport

Plan is to get the train as well. I haven't booked the train though. How much was the train ticket ? Bus is €30 each way.

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Plan is to get the train as well. I haven't booked the train though. How much was the train ticket ? Bus is €30 each way.

Think I got it for lik 22euro each but its gone up to 28 now. Didnt book anything for return yet. Woukd rather the train just worried I wont make the 11am one cos next one is not for a few hours plus my ticket probably wouldnt be valid

• Advertisement

any word on any other announcements .. getting a bit ridiculous now

Advertisement