Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs vomiting - 'bug' going around?

• 24-02-2014 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

This week I have had 5 different occasions of where one of the dogs has got sick. The vomit seems to be there food only.

All dogs have been wormed with Panacur and Drontal separately over the last 3 months.

Just wondering is there a 'bug' going around or is it something else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

odckdo wrote: »
    This week I have had 5 different occasions of where one of the dogs has got sick. The vomit seems to be there food only.

All dogs have been wormed with Panacur and Drontal separately over the last 3 months.

Just wondering is there a 'bug' going around or is it something else?
    What area are you in? One of mine has been bringing up food recently, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

What area are you in? One of mine has been bringing up food recently, too.

Based in the midlands. I have 5 dogs in the house at the moment. I caught 2 in the act vomiting at the start of last week but there was 3 more incidents during the week which I didn't see - so I don't know which dog did it.

The only thing I thought of was Seasonal Canine Illness which seems to be only in the UK www.aht.org.uk/sci

But we haven't been walking in forest/woodlands area in a few weeks so it can't be that.

Today they are all eating well, energy levels fine and poos are OK so hopefully it has passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

My dog vomited this morning before eating, hasnt vomited in a year or so, and she wasnt eating grass.

Shes fine though thru out the day. Just fyi :D

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

My dog vomited this morning before eating, hasnt vomited in a year or so, and she wasnt eating grass.

Shes fine though thru out the day. Just fyi :D

Ah sure I know it can happen now & again. For it to happen a number of times in 1 week just got me wondering. Judging by the responses to this thread there is no bug knocking around which is good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 gg2009

My two had a bug ll last week...vomiting and diahorrea it was awful..we are in dublin but walk in a large park off leash so it could have been going around!

It was only ever food that was vomited up though and they were in great form and not dehydrated so I didnt panic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

My two were sick aswell 2 wks ago, vomiting and diarrhea and was horrid few days aswell. Were n the West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

The OH parents dogs were sick last week alright, same getting sick a lot. Our two who play with them everyday thankfully didn't get it. Also in Dublin, Northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Interesting, my lad was sick last weekend too, vomiting all Friday night and then not eating Saturday or Sunday, got fluid into him just about to keep him hydrated, come Monday morning he couldn't eat his breakfast fast enough. Dublin south.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lilhedda

My girls had really bad diarrhoea the last couple of days. Rang vet and they said to fast her and see how she goes. The nurse I spoke to said there is a bug going around. I never know with mine though as she has something in her mouth every time I look down. Also north Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

My lab has the runs for the past 36 hours. She is in the process of fasting now for the next 24 hours. She had the same thing about 6 weeks ago, vomiting and the runs. Vet put her on Norodine antibiotic. Going to try and treat her at home this time with Rice and Chicken. Give her a few days to settle.

Neighbours dogs have been sick too.

Not to freak anyone out but more than one dog owner and vet has said there is a high amount of rats around this year due to the floods etc which they are convinced has caused this increase in sickness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭santasbird

My dog picked up a gastric bug about 4 weeks ago. She spent 3 days on a drip in the vets. Yesterday she didnt eat anything and this morning vomitted and has had one bout of diarrhea. Im hoping its just a 24hr bug. :(

Edit: All is good, ate some boiled chicken last night and back to herself this morning.

Advertisement