Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inner Forearm Tattoo

Options
  • 24-02-2014 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭

Ok so i've decided to get my 1st tattoo I'm 29 i've always wanted one and after much crapping out down through the years i've decided to finally get one, Now I'm going for on my inner forarm between my wrist and elbow I'm getting my Wife tatooed but as a caricature as Spider Woman...

Just a quick few questions before i go to the local tattoo artists and stuff

1: What kind of prices will i be looking at

2: How long would it take

3: Pain threshhold is pretty big , but i shouldn't be worried about it there should I ? I'm gonna get it anyway would like an idea of what to expect though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Prices will vary all depending on size and detail and artists cost but you will be looking at a few hundred I would imagine.

As for how long again all depending on size, detail and each artist goes at there own pace so depending on the artists speed.

Pain meh everyone is different one person will tell you the ribs is the worst spot the next will tell you the chest its all individual but certainly worth it.

Also never just go with your local tattoo shop as they could be terrible or brilliant but research first different artists to find the one who suits the style you want.

If you tell us your location we can help? Or if you are willing to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm in Limerick , Went into place this morning and was told 350...this seems mad to me , i expected around 150-220 but 350, also told me my forearm was too skinny that i should probably get it done higher up...Not sure what to do now

I'm in Limerick , Went into place this morning and was told 350...this seems mad to me , i expected around 150-220 but 350, also told me my forearm was too skinny that i should probably get it done higher up...Not sure what to do now

Ah this old chestnut again, 350 sounds like a fair enough price. It's going to be on you for life yes you possibly could get it done cheaper but you pay for quality and when it's going to be there for life don't you want it done right and a by good artist?

If your not sure try another artist but this is what they do for a living and if they say it wont work on the forearm there just giving there honest opinion they want to do a tattoo they can be proud as much as you want a well done piece.

From the sounds of what you want done and for somewhere relatively close I would be looking at Smiley Dogg Tattoo in Cork and Charles Huurman in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Price depends on how long it will take. I have a tattoo in the same spot but it was just 200 as it's not very intricate or detailed.
    Pain varies, my first session was fine but my second pretty bad. I had been out the night before so was more frail than usual...

Nooo its not that i'm put off or outraged or anything silly it just caught me off guard is what I mean im still going to go with it , and the whole experience just caught me because i had such a set idea in my head, but as you said there the experts , and also made the point for the thing i have the detail would be lost which i agree with on a smaller part of my arm, I was just reposting my experience :)

• Advertisement

Nooo its not that i'm put off or outraged or anything silly it just caught me off guard is what I mean im still going to go with it , and the whole experience just caught me because i had such a set idea in my head, but as you said there the experts , and also made the point for the thing i have the detail would be lost which i agree with on a smaller part of my arm, I was just reposting my experience :)

Sorry didn't mean to come across as being smart we get this a lot in here people shocked or sometimes outraged at the price the get quoted.

I'm always going to try steer a fellow Gunner the right way :).

Sounds like they were trying to be helpful anyway and being honest with you. Just make sure to check out portfolios see if you like there work and style so that matches what you have in your head.

Elektra_3.jpg

this is what I was looking at getting and because I having quite skinny arms i can see where there coming from definitley, But just wasn't expecting , see i wanted to get that on my forearm and even had a 2nd idea for further up , so that kind of shot to **** that one lol :)

Elektra_3.jpg

this is what I was looking at getting and because I having quite skinny arms i can see where there coming from definitley, But just wasn't expecting , see i wanted to get that on my forearm and even had a 2nd idea for further up , so that kind of shot to **** that one lol :)

Nice I like the image pretty cool :) for me I'd be straight onto Charles Huurman with that imo. If you have two ideas maybe see if it would be possible to switch them around if the 2nd one is less detailed, either that or make it two half sleeves :).

Link to his Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CHARLYTATTOOO?fref=ts

Thanks for all the help dude :) , gonna get onto him and see what he says the other thing i was gonna get done was Gladiator(a pic of maximus) (my favourite movie of all time) means alot to me , and we will be free underneath it ...I hadn't picked out anything for that yet so we'll see how it goes , as its my 1st i just want to do this one 1st and see how i go from there

Thanks for all the help dude :) , gonna get onto him and see what he says the other thing i was gonna get done was Gladiator(a pic of maximus) (my favourite movie of all time) means alot to me , and we will be free underneath it ...I hadn't picked out anything for that yet so we'll see how it goes , as its my 1st i just want to do this one 1st and see how i go from there

No bother :).

Have to say I like both your ideas could make for two class tattoo's have a large piece with film characters in it myself :).

Remember to keep us updated and throw up a pic in the Ill show you mine thread when all done and dusted :).

• Advertisement

Cheers man and will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

I'm getting my Wife tatooed but as a caricature as Spider Woman...
    Elektra_3.jpg

This looks like Elektra to me not spiderwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

definately electra

Yeah I know lads changed my mind when i found this pic :)

Advertisement