Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing in the UK

• 24-02-2014 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out! I'm hoping to study nursing in the UK next year but I'm unsure about funding! I already have a degree here in Ireland! Will I be entitled to any funding?! If anyone has studying nursing in the UK any advise would be gratefully appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 JB97

hi im the same as you, thinking of studying nursing in the uk next year. you can apply for maintenance grants and scholorships but unfortunately you will not be able to recieve tuition grants. tuition is very expensive in the uk (usually around 9 grand a year). whats even more annoying is that all english students applying to nursing get their tuition fees paid for them by the NHS but foreign students (like us!) are not entitled to this! :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sinz

I was under the impression that the NHS paid your tuition fees and these are paid back in taxes when you start earning over £21,000. Do you know anything about this. I doubt I'm entitled to any maintenance grants or scholarships as I already have a degree! Also with the NHS bursary if I went to work in the UK for a few months would I qualify?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 JB97

hey sorry i took so long getting back!
    i've done quite a bit more research into this and have found out some very good news! :D!
    if you are irish and have been have been living in ireland for the last three years you are entitled to having your tuition fees paid for you! unfortunately you wont be able to get the 1000 pound bursary unless youve been living in the uk for three years but atleast we wont have to worry about the £9000 of tuition fees a year! and as far as i know you dont have to pay the nhs back ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

Hey there,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but just wondering if it's possible to do general nursing in the UK in about 18 months if you already have an I.D. nursing degree??
    And what is the story in relation to fees??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

Hey again, can anyone help with my query id really appreciate it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 sinz

iluvcake wrote: »
    Hey again, can anyone help with my query id really appreciate it :-)

I have read that you can do a h.dip in nursing in some universities if you already have a degree. You would have to check with the universities as to the require standards that they set.

Advertisement