Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish person studying Primary Teaching in USA. Can I use my degree in Ireland?

• 24-02-2014 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi!
    Would really appreciate feedback on this...

I have been living in the US since 2010, was in Ireland prior to that.
    I am almost a year into my elementary teaching degree (primary teaching) over here.
    We are looking to move back home in 2016, when my husband finishes up his current tour here in the coast guard.
    I have honors Irish completed in the Leaving Cert.
    My question is: Will my degree attained over here be transferable back home in Ireland? I have emailed INTO, and have heard nothing back.

Hope to hear from someone on this soon :)

Thanks,

Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Haw

I can't give you a solid answer, but I do know of people who didn't get the points for any of the Irish primary teaching courses, and ended up doing an equivalent degree in the UK and then coming back. So I'm guessing it should be fine, but I think you have to do a short competency cert in Irish first since you haven't done Irish as part of your US degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emz13

You should email the teaching council of Ireland, they will be able to give a straight answer! :)

Advertisement