Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lazy or jus incompetent?

Options
  • 24-02-2014 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Currently in job for 5+ years and have good relationship with management and colleagues alike. However I'm sitting here on a Monday morning dreading the thought of heading in...... I just find the whole situation really frustrating!

A lady started with us in a senior position before Christmas. It's agreed by all that she's borderline useless. Even management have acknowledged that she's not a fit for the role. However they're slow to so anything about it. In the meantime everyone else is suffering and falling behind with their work and they're picking up hers!
    It's already been raised in several occasions by myself and others but nothing is changing!

Any advice???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Stop picking up the slack, let her sink or swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Are you in the public service ???

Anyway let her make mistakes u get no thanks
    I was in a suitation like this for 3 yrs senior manager cried like a baby each day we all were stuck counsellin her shedid a ****e job as our manager
    Now she gone we have a new manager and what has been let slide is unbelievable we are not able to catch up and all us are being pylled up by new manager cause of the last ones incompetency

Feck him/her look out 4 yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Private sector ..... We've been told we just have to get in with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Squatman

Currently in job for 5+ years and have good relationship with management and colleagues alike. However I'm sitting here on a Monday morning dreading the thought of heading in...... I just find the whole situation really frustrating!

A lady started with us in a senior position before Christmas. It's agreed by all that she's borderline useless. Even management have acknowledged that she's not a fit for the role. However they're slow to so anything about it. In the meantime everyone else is suffering and falling behind with their work and they're picking up hers!
    It's already been raised in several occasions by myself and others but nothing is changing!

Any advice???

Are you unhappy in your job, because of the work, or because you are being overworked? or due to this senior position lady?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Private sector ..... We've been told we just have to get in with it .

You have made your feelings know, do your own work assist the company if there is time to do any extra otherwise let her sink. You will only get yourself in a knot, if the people who can fix it won't then why should you worry.

• Advertisement

Squatman wrote: »
    Are you unhappy in your job, because of the work, or because you are being overworked? or due to this senior position lady?

I love my job if I was just left to get on with. I don't report to here so it's not her positions. It's the fact that there are so many people carrying her and she's allowed to continue to just sit there and effectively do nothing while the rest of us are overworked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Squatman

thats not too bad so. Your only jealous that she has it soft.
    Keep doing what your doing, and dont get dragged into politics. Do what your are supposed to and no more. If she is not bullying you/ nor do you work for her, then your workload is your own responsiblility. Develop a timetable, and show how you are spending your time on a day to day basis. Showing 100% of your time, and also, develop a worklist of things that need to be done. This will put forwards an excellent basis for arguing that more staff is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

I love my job if I was just left to get on with. I don't report to here so it's not her positions. It's the fact that there are so many people carrying her and she's allowed to continue to just sit there and effectively do nothing while the rest of us are overworked.

Not bring smart but why is this your problem. If she is a lazy person the managers are paid the big bucks to deal with that. All you are going to do is piss yourself off and get annoyed, which will do you no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Do your work, keep your own nose clean and nothing else.

You've brought up your concerns, let the company deal with it, and if they don't it's none of your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I am not sure if the title was intentional ,but if it was that’s hilarious

Apathy Rules O.

• Advertisement

Do your work, keep your own nose clean and nothing else.

You've brought up your concerns, let the company deal with it, and if they don't it's none of your

That's the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

In the meantime everyone else is suffering and falling behind with their work and they're picking up hers!

Management don't need to do anything about it. You are all picking up the slack and the work is getting done - problem solved. Only solution is to not do her work then they will have to face the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Lazy or jus incompetent?.....

Or perhaps ''jus'' a touch of Jealousy!

I seriously doubt management shared with you that they agree with your assessment that she is unfit for the role and then did nothing about it!

You have raised you concerns yet nothing has changed, do you intend to gather support on boards so that you can again armed with an army of posts return to the management and back up your argument with real life comments?

I advise you to be thankful you have a job you love and the let sh*t deal with its self.

Your welcome, Chkr

Advertisement