Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Developer Placement Job - basic question

Options
  • 24-02-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi all

I have big question about the job so... I started a career bridge course Web Development organised by a FaS, anyway I'm doing well, I visited few sites about web developers and the earnings are pretty good (junior position:25k per year)for me it's enough to start setting up my future life, however I have read some posts about this kind of job, and many of mates said there's no big opportunities to find a developer work.. What about IT agencies!? I know I can be a freelancer but I assume, that would be more easier if the agency will recruit me, what you think? In general how it looks (the job seeking in IT sector) after this course

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ThrowinShapes

In my experience, you're not gonna get 25k the second you're out the door. Much of it is dependent on experience, but you can certainly work your way upwards of that figure.
    I think there's plenty of opportunities for developers, though you might have to travel a little bit for the right position.

Try building a portfolio of work you've done. Maybe do some volunteering to build websites or web applications. http://volunteering.force.com/OpportunitySearch

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also you're going to find it quite hard going after the jobs that are circa 25k when people with degrees in computer science will also be going for them.

build up a good portfolio in your spare time, open source work you do that others may find useful, this will put you on top of the pile before others.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

Thank you for replies, the course will cover only HTML,CSS 3 JavaScript,multimedia and ms word and excel, also the final project (final site which will be ordered by providers like EBS or Bank company) I'll be putted on my portfolio

Advertisement