Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tymon Park/Spawell

Options
  • 24-02-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Anyone know why the carpark in Tymon Park at the Spawell has been closed of late?

Went for a run in the Park yesterday and had to park in the carpark of St. Jude's GAA club. Gates between St. Jude's and Tymon were also locked (they are usually open). Main gates to the park appear to be closed to public for last few weeks but no signage anywhere to inform public as to why or for how long.

thanks.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dowee

The park / pond is flooded. I was in there on Friday. Went in via the Faughs entrance to feed the ducks with the kids. The ducks were acting like they've not been fed in a while as we were mobbed!

You can see the flood from the entrance to Templeogue Utd / Faughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bill Shock

Was also there last weekend but didn't see any sign of flooding. Quite annoying having those gates and carpark closed to public

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bill Shock

Dowee wrote: »
    The park / pond is flooded. I was in there on Friday. Went in via the Faughs entrance to feed the ducks with the kids. The ducks were acting like they've not been fed in a while as we were mobbed!

You can see the flood from the entrance to Templeogue Utd / Faughs.

Apologies.....was there this morning and I see exactly what you mean......perfectly understandable now why Council has closed off the car park especially as the children's playground is right next to that entrance. Significant flooding and a big risk to young children who might be playing nearby.

Advertisement