Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League 2nd Round: Olympiakos vs Manchester Utd, Tuesday 25th, 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

In work here and I'm sorry I even checked the score.
    Depressing central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bring on the guy with the tash ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Olympiacos are bad but United are much much worse, by far the lowest standard knock out game in the Champions League for many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Red Crow wrote: »
    You gotta love that losing mentality you have there... At least... 4th is a trophy etc

Ha, start wheeling out the digs. I'll bet you'd love to have won that 4th place trophy come May. Enjoy these CL games. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It took a while but for the first time in 25 years I'd be embarrassed to say I was a United 'supporter'.. this shit cannot be supported

Im a United supporter, and frankly Id be embarrassed if I stopped supporting a team cause they were going through a bad period

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Kirby wrote: »
    Is 7th a trophy?

Don't be so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I suppose all you can do is laugh at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Has Tom "Scapegoat" Cleverley been subbed?

• kryogen wrote: »
    Im a United supporter, and frankly Id be embarrassed if I stopped supporting a team cause they were going through a bad period
    Well Said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It took a while but for the first time in 25 years I'd be embarrassed to say I was a United 'supporter'.. this shit cannot be supported

Wow! That says more about you than the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I don't think I have ever seem us play this bad. Just couldnt imagine playing like this tonight. Work is going to be a long day tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

kryogen wrote: »

It's the fact nothing is being done about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

you see alot of younger utd fans have never seen the bad times, you have to support your team...wonder will many jump ship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

in fairness to moyes the team he inherited was poor. how united won the league last year is the third secret of fatima or something.

write this season off and start rebuilding now. not the end of the world cant always be winning, it comes in cycles. if yis start lashing through managers, especially new ones, yous will fall into the doldrums. anyway its not even halftime in this tie. 1 goal and everything changes.

This is great stuff from the home team with top players missing.

Will they be back for the 2nd leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

It's Greece Frightening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well that's your own prerogative

And I never said I've stopped supporting them, (whatever that actually means).. I said I'd be embarrassed to say I 'supported' them in spite of what was happening.

mada999 wrote: »
    you see alot of younger utd fans have never seen the bad times, you have to support your team...wonder will many jump ship?

Guy I work with says he doesn't watch them anymore. If anything it'll weed out the glory hunters and the real fans will remain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Red Crow wrote: »
    The sooner Vidic and Rio go the better. Both finished

this might be a minority opinion but i think both:

1. were probably "gone" (past their peak) last year

and

2. Could probably STILL perform to a high level now

IF

The absolute manure in front of them wasn't there.

Their legs might be gone but i'm sure they could still be a great partnership if there was any semblance of a midfield that could keep the ball and give them a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Here comes Manuel from faulty towers

• Advertisement

still think utd can nick a goal and then win it scrappy at old trafford... blessed this season with an easy champs league group (as they always get)

Yes!!!

The tash is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

He has a fair point, would you spend hard earned money to support a team majorly underperforming week in- week out, even if they were performing well but maybe not getting the results its understandable but this is a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Kagawa's body language looked awful there.

• kona wrote: »
    It's the fact nothing is being done about it.
    What, it hasn't even been a full season yet after about 20+ of winning constantly, regardless of how bad it's been going of late take it on the chin and support your team even if Moyes is inempt

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

That tash is magnificent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Where is the urgency. Them players are a ****en disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

They look like they've never played together...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

The only positives to come out of this are that many glory hunters might do one from United.

Asides from from that it's been a particularly painful season, I have to go back over 25 years to think of a worse one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Kagawa's body language looked awful there.

Can you blame him? No fight in this team at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hit mute on the TV, hit play on this and leave it on for the rest of the match :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

He spends £27m on a CM and pays a forward £300k a week. Naturally, he gets the forward to play deep in midfield and leaves the midfielder on the bench. Not for the first time either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Yes!!!

The tash is on!

Boom chicka wah wah

• case885 wrote: »
    He has a fair point, would you spend hard earned money to support a team majorly underperforming week in- week out, even if they were performing well but maybe not getting the results its understandable but this is a disgrace.
    The only point there is glory hunting, lol look at all the teams in regulation battles with supporters spending there hard earned cash regardless.

case885 wrote: »

Well then jump on to a team who will keep winning things to keep you happy FFS!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Don't even look like scoring, disaster of a night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I am over 50 years watching football and that has to rank with the worst midfield United ever had. Olympiacos are no world beaters but their ten times better than what United have on show.
    Major re-building to be done at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Chagan wrote: »
    He spends £27m on a CM and pays a forward £300k a week. Naturally, he gets the forward to play deep in midfield and leaves the midfielder on the bench. Not for the first time either.

Fellaini was never worth that in fairness.

Well that's your own prerogative

And I never said I've stopped supporting them, (whatever that actually means).. I said I'd be embarrassed to say I 'supported' them in spite of what was happening.

You brought the term up so to mock it now is a bit weird

You stated this **** cannot be supported.

Im not even arguing this with you, I couldnt give a toss who you support or whether you only follow and cheer on successful teams.

Night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Can you blame him? No fight in this team at all.

Id say that fight has been sucked out of them. Sure according to the manager we're constantly unlucky, might try get a win, try nick a goal, contain. Hes a coward and it rubs off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

emo72 wrote: »
    in fairness to moyes the team he inherited was poor. how united won the league last year is the third secret of fatima or something.

write this season off and start rebuilding now. not the end of the world cant always be winning, it comes in cycles. if yis start lashing through managers, especially new ones, yous will fall into the doldrums. anyway its not even halftime in this tie. 1 goal and everything changes.

Utd were terrible last season aswell. How many late comebacks against ordinary opposition? Ferguson had the ability to motivate these group to play above themselves. Couple that with poor City and Chelsea sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Moyes post match interview will be very interesting. Does he try honesty, denial, anger.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

This has to be the most toothless display in Europe for United ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I don't think you can blame Fergie, Utd finished in the top 2 for the last how many years now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Richard Keys commentating on his own on Fox Sports. Strange.

EDIT - The co-commentator has spoke for the first time in 15 minutes.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Excellent tactical play by Olympaikos

They have Carrick sussed..apply pressure and pick up the attempted backward pass.

three times its worked now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

what boots is smalling wearing he keeps slipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

mada999 wrote: »
    Well then jump on to a team who will keep winning things to keep you happy FFS!!

I didnt even mention winning? Specsavers id say mate, i said performances arent good enough which if you believe they are you must be deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Regardless of the result tonight, I still think United will pull it off at OT. Olympiakos are poor (I know United are too) but they will be there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

I am over 50 years watching football and that has to rank with the worst midfield United ever had. Olympiacos are no world beaters but their ten times better than what United have on show.
    Major re-building to be done at United.

Not one single player has come out of this with any credibility.

• Advertisement
Advertisement