Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League 2nd Round: Olympiakos vs Manchester Utd, Tuesday 25th, 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd love to see the stats of games where Valencia and Young have both started and results. The City game earlier in the season is a standout as a shocking performance and there's definitely been a bunch more. Honestly if United fall at this stage of the CL it would be the most ridiculous thing this season. More than West From, more than Newcastle and more than Stoke. Can't wait til the summer and hopefully they're cleared out. How many CL KO stages has Young played in before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lawerenson looks like a melted tyre in the tv3 studio or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Fair question from Shearer after the game: has Moyes lost the dressing room?

kona wrote: »
    Won **** all in the last twenty years. Losers

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well; that evening turned out far more enjoyable than I was fearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

lol i could have swore i seen Liverpool lift a few trophies in the past 20 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Well buggar you Utd. Thanks for letting Merseyside back into top four :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

cson wrote: »
    He's an example of why clubs should be banning players from social media or at least having it handled professionally. The mindlessness of some of what he comes out with is astonishing.

Sounds like he was on drugs....oh wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

kryogen wrote: »
    Olympiacos were good tonight, very astute tactically and pressed well with good energy all night

They were well worthy of a 2 goal win, fair play.

They were. And they have dangerous individual players that are well capable of scoring on the break at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

United are better off out. If they met Real or Barcelona next they could be embarassed. Who could have picked out the 300,000 a week striker tonight? Then a sub forward comes on and he is retrieving the ball from his own box.
    Serious rebuilding job at United. They should have sold Rooney when the opportunity was there. He is just not very good. He doesn't have the temperment to star in the big games.
    At least now they can concentrate on a push for 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,648 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Fair question from Shearer after the game: has Moyes lost the dressing room?

Did he ever have it :p

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

5 times pal.

suck on that.

• Happy days United now have a big Champions League game now after the Liverpool game, I thought this game would be dead and buried tonight, and that they could focus fully on Liverpool
    Suits you guys, confidence is shot again after that, to be honest by the time Man Utd v Liverpool roles around, the Champions league match after should have been more important as 4th place let's be honest is lost. Moyes has made a meal of this again, this should have been a win and the focus should have solely been on the pool match once the win was confirmed. Even more pressure added on both games now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

lol i could have swore i seen Liverpool lift a few trophies in the past 20 years

Compared to united? **** all. They won't win anything this year either.

As for city lol they been relegated more times in the last twenty years .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Never happened apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

And where are they in the league right now? I don't recall mentioning the last 20 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Well buggar you Utd. Thanks for letting Merseyside back into top four :(

Ya, because romans million dollar babies have been in there so long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

United are better off out. If they met Real or Barcelona next they could be embarassed. Who could have picked out the 300,000 a week striker tonight? Then a sub forward comes on and he is retrieving the ball from his own box.
    Serious rebuilding job at United. They should have sold Rooney when the opportunity was there. He is just not very good. He doesn't have the temperment to star in the big games.

That's still a massive ask.

They have a chance of turning it around at home in this but you just wouldn't be betting on this version of United to do it. Fergie at the helm, you'd be confident. Then again, Fergie at the helm and this result probably wouldn't have happened.

Keane telling it like it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭bassy

4th lol lol next season you mean..............................................

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

BNMC?

Your hatred sustains me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's not Moyes' fault. He needs more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

And where are they in the league right now? I don't recall mentioning the last 20 years.

Well they ain't top anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Roy telling it like it is fair play. "The Premier League is not the strongest in the world, the strongest brand maybe".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Didn't realise the return leg was after the Liverpool game. Good stuff!

Yep 2nd leg is Mar 19th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ye don't think I posted that Biblical quote in the OP for the craic now do ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

RVP does not look like he wants to be playing, Young is a terrible, back four looked like they only met each other just before kick-off, Cleverley???????

Utd have gone from a team playing expansive exciting attacking football, to playing what can only be called Anti-football, reminiscent of Wimbledon, Sheffield Wednesday, even Stoke are playing more expansive football than Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Yep, any United fans calling for the head of Moyes are idiots.

• Advertisement

He's not the Moyesiah. He's a very naughty boy.

• It's not Moyes' fault. He needs more time.
    Incoming Liverpool sneers coming in to twist the knife....more worried about us than them...

Can of worms....engage

Sure i know that, but where are they in the table? And where are United?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yep, any United fans calling for the head of Moyes are idiots.

They'll have turned into Chelsea if they sack Moyes after only 8 months. Needs another good 2 years at least.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

They're a bit closer than United are to be fair. What's your point here? Liverpool are currently a better side than United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wow, United lose in the CL and 5 times comes out. I'm sure it will be dealt with so won't say anything that could get me a ban...

If Valencia and Young start another game together this season I'll lose faith that Moyes can adapt.

• Advertisement

• They'll have turned into Chelsea if they sack Moyes after only 8 months. Needs another good 2 years at least.
    lolz not sure if being serious.....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I don't recall Man Utd ever playing as bad as they have under Moyes. (LFC fan by the way).

I don't think you'd mind losing if you played a good brand of football and were having a go but under Moyes for most of the season this has not been the case.

There's no quick fix for this, not under Moyes anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Kirby wrote: »
    Moyes post match interview will be very interesting. Does he try honesty, denial, anger.......

prob something like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I don't want this season to end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Jesus rooney has done well getting 300k a week. done very well indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭dubrov

In fairness, you can keep saying that for only so long.

Sure it was a miracle that this squad won the league at a canter last year but they are surely a better team than their performances suggest.

I'd expect the search to start now and the axe to fall in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Liam O wrote: »
    Wow, United lose in the CL and 5 times comes out. I'm sure it will be dealt with so won't say anything that could get me a ban...

If Valencia and Young start another game together this season I'll lose faith that Moyes can adapt.

So the poster wasn't goading him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Incoming Liverpool sneers coming in to twist the knife....more worried about us than them...

Can of worms....engage

i dont think liverpool fans need to do anything. united fans all have their hari kari knives out anyway.

emo72 wrote: »
    i dont think liverpool fans need to do anything. united fans all have their hari kari knives out anyway.

Yeah but we'll get the blame instead of the United fan posting nonsense and getting shown up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Thank fergie for not buying any mf players and handing over cleverly and co!

Question the desire of some players to save moyes job. Will rooney bust a nut now? rVP looks like he wont. Rio will try but is a busted flush, Vidic wont have the same fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

United will score 4 or 5 against these boys at OT. No doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Liam O wrote: »

Yeah, imagine being happy your big rivals, most dominant team in england for the last 20 years going through a bad patch. I'm shock non-united fans are reveling in uniteds defeat. I thought they'd be on here consoling the united fans :D

• emo72 wrote: »
    Other than post in the Man Utd thread about 1 min after we loose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

carrick looks speechless. brave man trying to explain that.

Carrick looks so uncomfortable in that interview

• Advertisement
Advertisement