Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League 2nd Round: Olympiakos vs Manchester Utd, Tuesday 25th, 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Carrick - "The goals came from nothing"

They did alright.. a whole fcukin lot of nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

United will score 4 or 5 against these boys at OT. No doubt.

Ya but they will let in 3 or 4.

Lol, Keane slating his interview

• LOLZ @ KEANE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Carrick looks completely lost. Hope Manu win 3-0 at home....lol Roy telling it as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

United have nobody of any quality in midfield. Their 2 centre halves are going to be gone next season. Even if they spend big next season they will struggle to get players in if they dont get the Champions League place. A top class central defender and central midfielder are real priorities for them. They could be in for a lean period. Believe they are paying v big interest on their loan repayments too. Be interesting to see how that will turn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Hahahaha Roy Keane, now critic of player interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Based on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Roy Keane on Carrick's interview: 'That interview was just like the performance. Flat. *SILENCE...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lol, Keane slating his interview

More urgency required, even in his interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

They'll have turned into Chelsea if they sack Moyes after only 8 months. Needs another good 2 years at least.

You wish. Top 4 and a trophy every season even with the managerial merry go round :D

Problem is the yanks. and giving fergie and now moyes too much power in the transfer market

You needed pace in midfield and instead over paid for Mata, just about the last player you needed.

Giggs and Rio FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

yermandan wrote: »
    Roy Keane on Carrick's interview: 'That interview was just like the performance. Flat. *SILENCE...........

It was brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I am pie wrote: »
    Thank fergie for not buying any mf players and handing over cleverly and co!

Question the desire of some players to save moyes job. Will rooney bust a nut now? rVP looks like he wont. Rio will try but is a busted flush, Vidic wont have the same fire.

Every other club is thanking Fergie for being an egotistical basta5d and not pushing Mourhinos name forward. No one was ever going to be allowed to fill his boots.
    He should write another chapter of his book in a couple of years time on how he fkuced united.

You wish. Top 4 and a trophy every season even with the managerial merry go round :D

Problem is the yanks. and giving fergie and now moyes too much power in the transfer market

You needed pace in midfield and instead over paid for Mata, just about the last player you needed.

Giggs and Rio FFS!

What's this you business. Chucky is Liverpool as could be around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Poor old Carrick. Gets a studs up challenge from Keane after the match is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Other than post in the Man Utd thread about 1 min after we loose...

ah thats not fair i was offering my insight throughout the match. i never said anything bad or mean to anyone:(

we went through bad times and had our fair share of stick, i wouldnt be the type of fan to rub it in.

moyes has inherited a cluster**** of a team, he has a huge job to do. lets see what type of support he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Have you been drinking?

blueser wrote: »
    Have you been drinking?

its Rio on drugs social media... again

• emo72 wrote: »
    ah thats not fair i was offering my insight throughout the match. i never said anything bad or mean to anyone:(

we went through bad times and had our fair share of stick, i wouldnt be the type of fan to rub it in.

moyes has inherited a cluster**** of a team, he has a huge job to do. lets see what type of support he gets.
    Fair enough point made for yourself so I apologize but not the same for most of the other pool fans who have bombed the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Keane's not wrong. There just doesn't seem to be anyone in that team that cares at all either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Thread started by a Liverpool fan

Thread had more Liverpool fan posters than possibly all other posters combined

Liverpool supporters proceeded to bring Liverpool up in a United thread

The obsession is hilarious, even when we're behind having a terrible season the obsession is still there.

Anyway the better team won, same as most of this season.

Nothing else to play for now, we'll need massive investment to get back challenging for top 4, Rio, Evra, Cleverley, Young, Valencia, all need to be replaced off the top of my head.

The obsession is hilarious, even when we're behind having a terrible season the obsession is still there.

Nothing else to play for now, we'll need massive investment to get back challenging for top 4, Rio, Evra, Cleverley, Young, Valencia, all need to be replaced off the top of my head.

Lol, brilliant.

Great game and result. Tie far from over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Is this a united thread?

Keane's not wrong. There just doesn't seem to be anyone in that team that cares at all either way.

Looked like a team that didn't give a fcuk. Moyes has lost the team, I'm convinced of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

United fans seem to have been sold the line that United are a club that don’t sack their managers, “we’re not like Chelsea”, or some derivation of it, is a common refrain. Of course this all comes out of Ferguson’s history at the club. He was given a few years before he won anything and then kept his job for a long time… Thing is when Ferguson got the job United hadn’t just won the league and why would he be sacked subsequent to when he began to win? He was fairly consistently successful from the point on.

United tonight were brutal. They have good players who are being handicapped by tactics. Either there is a conspiracy among the players to make the manager look bad or they have been very deliberately told not to go through the middle, to get to the wings and do nothing else. Once or twice in this game Kagawa played through the middle and the entire team looked almost guilty for breaking from the plan. These one or two pieces of play also happened to be United’s best.

People can say that Moyes needs time all they like but I think he’s awful. I am no football expert so if this time next year Moyes is still in charge and United are running away with the league I will be happy to eat my words, doubtful though. We have all worked with incompetent people I am sure. Is the solution to just leave them in their positions hoping they’ll get better? I don’t think so.

There is a management theory known as the “Peter Principle” which states that you risk filling management positions with the incompetent if you promote people based on their performance in their previous roles rather than those who have proven abilities in the intended role. United needed a proven manager to replace Fergie. These first few years were always going to be shaky; they needed a really strong manager to take over from Fergie. Moyes is not the manager United needed or need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I think Moyes has to go before any more damage is done. Sack him before the 2nd leg, bring in someone who can at least motivate the team. Instill some fight back into them. Where is the fight gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It is a bit weird laughing at other teams when you are winning nothing, out of both domestic cups and not even in Europe to begin with.

The mind of a Liverpool fan posting in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I'm confused. Which lot are you saying are obsessed? From what I see it could be either, or more likely, neither and the obsession only exists in the minds of a few for the purposes of flaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

United fans seem to have been sold the line that United are a club that don’t sack their managers, “we’re not like Chelsea”, or some derivation of it, is a common refrain. Of course this all comes out of Ferguson’s history at the club. He was given a few years before he won anything and then kept his job for a long time… Thing is when Ferguson got the job United hadn’t just won the league and why would he be sacked subsequent to when he began to win? He was fairly consistently successful from the point on.

United tonight were brutal. They have good players who are being handicapped by tactics. Either there is a conspiracy among the players to make the manager look bad or they have been very deliberately told not to go through the middle, to get to the wings and do nothing else. Once or twice in this game Kagawa played through the middle and the entire team looked almost guilty for breaking from the plan. These one or two pieces of play also happened to be United’s best.

People can say that Moyes needs time all they like but I think he’s awful. I am no football expert so if this time next year Moyes is still in charge and United are running away with the league I will be happy to eat my words, doubtful though. We have all worked with incompetent people I am sure. Is the solution to just leave them in their positions hoping they’ll get better? I don’t think so.

There is a management theory known as the “Peter Principle” which states that you risk filling management positions with the incompetent if you promote people based on their performance in their previous roles rather than those who have proven abilities in the intended role. United needed a proven manager to replace Fergie. These first few years were always going to be shaky; they needed a really strong manager to take over from Fergie. Moyes is not the manager United needed or need.

Four of the last five were sacked. Patience is key. Isn't that also a mantra of Man U fans?

• Advertisement

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Looked like a team that didn't give a fcuk. Moyes has lost the team, I'm convinced of it.
    Slating Carrick about his interview was ****ing **** by Keane, the guy looked genuinely distraught bout the result so nonsense to think he didn't care. He had the balls to speak to ITV. What was he supposed to do slate the **** out of his teammates live on camera. Keane is an asshole spun for controversy to boost ITV ratings that's about it regardless about what he was like as a player for Man Utd in his hayday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

United will win the second leg but if Olympiakos score then United need four.

So Olympiakos to go through.

RasTa wrote: »
    It is a bit weird laughing at other teams when you are winning nothing, out of both domestic cups and not even in Europe to begin with.

Nothing weird whatsoever with it.

There's plenty of football supporters bar Liverpool ones that are delighted at Utd's result tonight and their season overall.

It's refreshing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

The first person I saw mentioning Liverpool was a United fan who said that if you sack your manager you turn into Liverpool who haven't won anything in 20 years and won't win anything this year either.

mitosis wrote: »
    Four of the last five were sacked. Patience is key. Isn't that also a mantra of Man U fans?

I never said the line was true, I just said it was a line that has been sold.

And no, when the evidence is there to see already then patience is not key it is weak and damaging. Get it sorted now before it gets worse.

Well call me ****en weird. I can't stop laughing.

That's probably because there are more genuine Liverpool fans in this country than United fans. (Fans of the teams before Sky Sports and the PL) United will lose a lot of their plastic supporters now, especially the clueless ones.
    By the way Liverpool fans come into the thread for a bit of banter, same way as a lot of United fans pop into the Liverpool thread when we have a bad result. Its a case of Murphys dog

Seriously though, that was one of the worst united performances I have ever seen in my lifetime, ranks up there with the infamous grey shirt performance many years ago at the Dell. its not a lack of ambition or desire, they seem completely lost and rudderless and have gone from being a fast counter attacking team into Stoke at their worst

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Slating Carrick about his interview was ****ing **** by Keane, the guy looked genuinely distraught bout the result so nonsense to think he didn't care. He had the balls to speak to ITV. What was he supposed to do slate the **** out of his teammates live on camera. Keane is an asshole spun for controversy to boost ITV ratings that's about it regardless about what he was like as a player for Man Utd in his hayday.

Keane tells it like it is and pulls no punches. He was right in most of his analysis tbh.

Watching Carricks interview was the first time the thought was really considered in my head, got the sense that something is definitely off between some of the players and Moyes, lack of faith (both ways maybe)

Not saying its definite or anything, but the way Carick was answering questions led me to think all is not well behind the scenes but he is too professional to outright blame anyone or do anything other then tow the party line really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Carrick has always been a major weak link against any team that applies even a hint of pressure on him and partnering him with TC23 only makes matters worse.

I wouldn't be blaming him, Keane could have picked other players to have a go at

That's probably because there are more genuine Liverpool fans in this country than United fans. (Fans of the teams before Sky Sports and the PL) United will lose a lot of their plastic supporters now, especially the clueless ones.
    By the way Liverpool fans come into the thread for a bit of banter, same way as a lot of United fans pop into the Liverpool thread when we have a bad result. Its a case of Murphys dog

You mean back from when Liverpool were winning things? Glory hunters no better than what you accuse Man Utd fans of being.

I am sure a lot of Manchester United fans became such because they were kids in the 90s when United were the best team... and a lot of Liverpool fans became such because Liverpool were the best team in the 70s/80s. Why else would anyone in Ireland support any English team? There are no legitimate reasons for doing so.

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Keane tells it like it is and pulls no punches. He was right in most of his analysis tbh.
    Match Analysis yes, not about Carrick's interview. They are two completely different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nothing weird whatsoever with it.

There's plenty of football supporters bar Liverpool ones that are delighted at Utd's result tonight and their season overall.

It's refreshing.

Haven;t you got more pictures to be posting?

It's mental, same crap when you beat Arsenal and then couldn't take it when they knocked you out of the cup.

Terrible losers and even worse when win. Two traits I despise in people. Probably because you are in front of a screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

united need 2 world class midfielders, and thats well overdue. also 2 first choice centrehalfs and a fullback. thats an absolute minimum.

now you would need a massive amount of luck in a transfer window for all those players to be available. id say its nigh impossible.

thats an indictment on fergie for not building the team up for the future, its all about the continuity and fergie just seemed to want to go out on a high. good for fergie bad for united.

maybe he realised that the money wasnt there. how are united going to attract top players if there is no champions league?

the future is seriously bleak. i wouldnt blame moyes on any of this. i dont think he will get yous out of this ****,the job is too massive. theres too much to do.

Players don't give a ****. They know Moyes will get all the blame. Totally spineless most of them.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Watching Carricks interview was the first time the thought was really considered in my head, got the sense that something is definitely off between some of the players and Moyes, lack of faith (both ways maybe)

Not saying its definite or anything, but the way Carick was answering questions led me to think all is not well behind the scenes but he is too professional to outright blame anyone or do anything other then tow the party line really

He looked very uncomfortable.

Tbf, it's straight after a defeat. I sense you may be right though.

He wasnt even slating Carrick per say, he just responded by showing the similarity in the interview and the overall attitude/performance tonight. Nothing wrong with that.

A bit of fight or passion would be nice to see from the players or manager

Haven;t you got more pictures to be posting?

It's mental, same crap when you beat Arsenal and then couldn't take it when they knocked you out of the cup.

Terrible losers and even worse when win. Two traits I despise in people. Probably because you are in front of a screen.

You generalising or picking on me personally? :confused:

If the latter I'm far from a sore loser and always congratulate the other team if we lose tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Same Liverpool comments from the same United fans, like a clock.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement