Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League 2nd Round: Olympiakos vs Manchester Utd, Tuesday 25th, 19:45

1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    In a way it is, if the team selection from the last quarter had have been applied for the whole 90 mins we would have won

Oh, I agree. And, if rooney ran the length of the field, rounding all eleven players, and scored nine times, united would have won.

• Oh, I agree. And, if rooney ran the length of the field, rounding all eleven players, and scored nine times, united would have won.
    Epic nonsense

Epic nonsense

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

• If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...
    I made a valid point and you talked ****e.

You enjoy your candy and nuts.

I made a valid point and you talked ****e.

You enjoy your candy and nuts.

If olympiakos missed their chances, it would have been a very different game. If rvp scored, it would have been an away goal. If united played better, they might have won.

Counter factual nonsense. Reality wins. So do olympiakos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'd kill for a Snickers now...

• If olympiakos missed their chances, it would have been a very different game. If rvp scored, it would have been an away goal. If united played better, they might have won.

Counter factual nonsense. Reality wins. So do olympiakos.

My point one more time to drive it home with more detail ok;
    After that we can just agree to disagree full stop..

Man Utd had more of a chance to win the game against this Greek side if they lined up the way they did in the last 15 mins (Nearly identical formation against Palace which allowed alot more central creativity rather than the by-line bull **** and defensive / midfield gap situation you watched for the first 75 mins) with Kagawa in the position he was moved into when he came on as a sub replicating Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

My point one more time to drive it home with more detail ok;
    After that we can just agree to disagree full stop..

Man Utd had more of a chance to win the game against this Greek side if they lined up the way they did in the last 15 mins (Nearly identical formation against Palace which allowed alot more central creativity rather than the by-line bull **** and defensive / midfield gap situation you watched for the first 75 mins) with Kagawa in the position he was moved into when he came on as a sub replicating Mata

When Kagawa came on they were lined up like that for the last half hour, and the only difference came about when Dominguez got taken off, 15 minutes later. That ain't a coincidence. They may have been better had they started like that, I'm not denying that. But your using the last 15 minutes as if it's some sort of proof to show your right, which is just pure and utter rubbish. Just say United would have been better had Kagawa started, instead of continually going onto say "like they were in the last 15 minutes", as if it was because of Kagawa. The "mini turning point" came when Dominguez came off, and Olympiacos weren't holding the ball up as well as they were, and drawing United onto them by giving away cheap possession. Did you watch the game? Because if you did Kagawa was ineffective tonight when he came on, which was to be expected as he's been treated horribly by United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

The arrogance of many United fans (the one's who think the Premier League is the bestest bestest league in the world), who are calling Olympiacos crap, will be even more surprised when they get at least a draw in Old Trafford, if not an away win. Take out Rooney and Van Persie, and player for player, Olympiacos have more quality in their team, and they won tonight without two of their regular starters.

United have a middling Premier League team, with two top players. Ferguson used to get the best out of this very limited team, who performed above themselves for the last few years. Now their top manager is gone, so they are in a league position that the quality of their squad merits. It made for hilarious reading at the start of the season, with United fans saying they would get at least a top 4 spot, this opinion based solely on the fact that they are Man United.

Ah shtop. Player for player they aren't better.

An example, as a junior league team we got in a manager that managed at a very high level. He got us promoted, kept us up in the top division before leaving the club. We didn't play the best football in the world but we had a plan and every player knew their job - if they didn't do their job then regardless of their profile or history with the club then someone else came in and did the job instead. Training was intense but you could see everything developing around you. Following season, manager with low knowledge in drills or planning with a junior side comes in and we finish bottom because players were playing 'off the cuff' so to speak - they weren't being told where they needed to be or what their role was. Same players, same positions but unsure as to what they were being asked.

Under Fergie we had a purpose and a plan. Under Moyes we look like a side that is bereft of ideas or a plan bar getting the ball wide and smashing it into the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Ah shtop. Player for player they aren't better.

An example, as a junior league team we got in a manager that managed at a very high level. He got us promoted, kept us up in the top division before leaving the club. We didn't play the best football in the world but we had a plan and every player knew their job - if they didn't do their job then regardless of their profile or history with the club then someone else came in and did the job instead. Training was intense but you could see everything developing around you. Following season, manager with low knowledge in drills or planning with a junior side comes in and we finish bottom because players were playing 'off the cuff' so to speak - they weren't being told where they needed to be or what their role was. Same players, same positions but unsure as to what they were being asked.

Under Fergie we had a purpose and a plan. Under Moyes we look like a side that is bereft of ideas or a plan bar getting the ball wide and smashing it into the box.

So you got promoted one season, managed to stay up for one year and then went back down the next. Isn't that fairly normal and isn't it just as likely that your team weren't good enough for the higher league? How many teams do we see get promoted one year, have a strangely good year and then just bottle it the next?

I doubt there are that many tactical geniuses working in "junior leagues" that can turn a team destined for bottom into league winners.

Blaming the second manager sounds like a bit of a cop out.

• Advertisement

• When Kagawa came on they were lined up like that for the last half hour, and the only difference came about when Dominguez got taken off, 15 minutes later. That ain't a coincidence. They may have been better had they started like that, I'm not denying that. But your using the last 15 minutes as if it's some sort of proof to show your right, which is just pure and utter rubbish. Just say United would have been better had Kagawa started, instead of continually going onto say "like they were in the last 15 minutes", as if it was because of Kagawa. The "mini turning point" came when Dominguez came off, and Olympiacos weren't holding the ball up as well as they were, and drawing United onto them by giving away cheap possession. Did you watch the game? Because if you did Kagawa was ineffective tonight when he came on, which was to be expected as he's been treated horribly by United
    I made my point several times and you yours. The 'all conquering' Dominguez was the differance according to you which I disagree with.
    End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

DazMarz wrote: »
    I'd kill for a Snickers now...

I'd say man U fans would prefer a marathon and wish it was back in them days :D

Advertisement