Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Indian takeaway around D14

Options
  • 24-02-2014 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi Everybody,

Just looking for some feedback on the best I.E. tastiest Indian takeaway in or around Dublin 14. I used to get food from Flame of India in perrystown and it was lovely. I have recently got food from Bombay pantry but found it quite bland and the chicken didn't seem to be cooked in a tandoor as it was quite dry. Any Recommendations? Oh and it needs to be open about 4 on Friday #paydaytakeaway!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Poppadom At Home in Harolds Cross or Konkan at Harolds Cross Bridge are both good shouts. Not sure if they will deliver to Perrystown, but Poppadom do have a wide delivery area as far as Dublin 1 northbound, so they probably will.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Cheers, Looks nice but only opens at 5 so that is too late. I try to get out of the area by 4:30 at the latest. I don't live in the area but the takeaways in my area aren't up to much so I collect in d14 and then travel to laois!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

You really gotta try cook some Indian at home dude, take a look at this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056521427 :)

Anyway, in terms of takeaways in D14, I've found Delhi Lounge in Rathfarnham Village to be pretty good. If you venture down the road to Terenure, you have the excellent but somewhat pricey Vermillion. I'm surprised you don't like Bombay Pantry, I've always found it to be pretty okay.

You really gotta try cook some Indian at home dude, take a look at this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056521427 :)

Anyway, in terms of takeaways in D14, I've found Delhi Lounge in Rathfarnham Village to be pretty good. If you venture down the road to Terenure, you have the excellent but somewhat pricey Vermillion. I'm surprised you don't like Bombay Pantry, I've always found it to be pretty okay.

I do a bit of Indian cooking but the OH is a veggie and its a pain cooking two dishes when I just want to chill on a Friday night. Must try Delhi lounge and I found Ambala on Camden street, they look tasty too and their open during the day too so that will tick another box for me.

As for bombay yeah their OK but just seem a bit bland. they do have a good selection espically for the veggies too which the Oh likes. I'll have a look at delhi lounge for opening hours.

Cheers

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Another vote for Delhi Lounge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

Another vote for Delhi Lounge. Really good and not too expensive. Far prefer it to Bombay Pantry which I agree is a bit bland- the one by Marley Park anyway, haven't tried any others

Looks like delhi lounge is the winner, they don't open till 5 Arrrgh... The search continues

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

Don't think you'll find much open before 5 without going closer to the city centre

kinsy wrote: »
    Don't think you'll find much open before 5 without going closer to the city centre

It is looking like that... If I'm going for thai I'd usually drive in as far as kanum in mespil so that's not really an issue. As long as its on the south side It should be grand I can go during my lunch.
    Thanks

Advertisement