Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK virtual card from Ireland

Options
  • 24-02-2014 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭

I'm in Ireland but I need a debit or credit card with a UK address.

Are there any virtual card services that would let me have a UK address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

psinno wrote: »
    I'm in Ireland but I need a debit or credit card with a UK address.

Are there any virtual card services that would let me have a UK address?

You could get an AnPost PostFX™ MasterCard® in £, once you registered that online you can put in a temporary address in the UK (like Parcelmotel) and would pass ADV (address verification), however if the site you want to shop on requires a UK issued card than this won't work as the BIN is showing this as an Irish Card.

There are also virtual cards that work with any address (Entropay for example) but they charge higher fees and they work with any any address. People for example use that for US / UK itunes.

There is also a virtual card called ecoPayz which requires however full KYC (Know you Customer with passport copy/bank statement) that issues a one time credit card for 1.8€ which works with any address and the cards are issues as UK cards.

It really depends on if you need a UK billing address or both a billing address and UK issues card.

If it's just the address, your Irish bank might be able to add one as secondary address , otherwise AnPost is the easiest.

If you require both UK address and UK issued card than entropay/ecopayz are alternatives.

Hope that helps.

But keep in mind all of these entropay/ecopays are electronic money and hence not guaranteed the same way as your money would be in a bank, I would just use them for transactions, not store any large money on them.

Advertisement