Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage 'Completed'

Options
  • 24-02-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a letter of loan offer that states that my mortgage 'must be completed' within 12 months.

Any idea of what 'completed' means exactly? Elsewhere in the same letter, the final draw down is also mentioned. Is this the same thing?

Thanks for all and any pointers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

dmadra wrote: »
    I have a letter of loan offer that states that my mortgage 'must be completed' within 12 months.

Any idea of what 'completed' means exactly? Elsewhere in the same letter, the final draw down is also mentioned. Is this the same thing?

Thanks for all and any pointers.

What did your mortgage provider say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Can you state the full wording of the sentence/section? Likewise, a bit of background info? Not quite sure what the context is!

Is it a mortgage Letter of offer/contract? If so, typically, these will have an expiry date that the agreement must be signed and money drawn down within a certain time frame. That is because the offer is based on the customer's current circumstances. Should their circumstances change, the bank may no longer be willing to offer the mortgage.

Is it a self-build? If so, again, then bank would want the development to be completed within a certain timeframe as a half-built house is of little value to anybody (the customer can't live in it, and the bank would get very little out of repossessing it and trying to sell it on)

Advertisement