Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Eircom.net email address

Options
  • 24-02-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

A relation of mine has recently had a bad turn and is in hospital with chest issues.

He has asked me to try and get remote access to his email. I have his eircom.net address and p/word, which I can use to access his eircom.net account.

When I log in, I can send email from his account, but there is none in there. He moved to Imagine broadband a couple of years ago and he may have done something with his incoming mail with them, but they have said that they do not host his email.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can do? He lives about 90 miles away, so ordinarily, I would go down and access his pc, but I cant do that.

I can also use mail2web to access his account, send emails, but cant see any incoming.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you tried sending an email from your account to his. Are you sure he doesn't have an email client running on his computer which is downloading any incoming emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

The best thing for you to do is probably change his eircom webmail password: https://autoreg.eircom.net/passwordchange/changeknown_pwd.html

That would prevent any email clients accessing & downloading mails, if this is as FSL suggests what's happening & he hasn't chosen the option for incoming mail to be saved to the eircom webmail server.

Then he could start from scratch & use eircom webmail to send & receive his mail from hospital either by logging directly into eircom webmail from a mobile device https://secure.eircom.net/email/ or by using email settings on the device (Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net Outgoing: his particular service provider's outgoing sever settings)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

hi there, seems his computer at home is on and looks like its taking all his emails.

Its an old pc with xp on it. Is there a setting on old outlook that will allow mails to be seen on both webmail and home pc. seems like once the email goes onto his pc at home, its never seen again.

thanks for the replies above.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes, you can do that. Tell the PC to leave a copy on the server for 14 days.

When you login to webmail do you get a URL with "ZIMBRA" in it? If you do you can use IMAP which is a better solution as mail sent on one device appears in the sent folder of all other devices and vice versa(the folders sync).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

In Outlook go to Tools, Accounts, highlight the eircom account, Properties, Advanced, look for Delivery, then tick the box beside 'Leave a Copy of Message on Server'

You can choose the amount of days it stays on server or leave it there until you go in & delete it manually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement