Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA Debit Card -Not Working

Options
  • 24-02-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi,

My VISA debit card is no longer working. It says that there is an error reading card when trying to withdraw with ATM and I should contact my bank.
    How do I go about getting a replacement card?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Volvic12,

Thank you for getting in contact with us on boards.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties in using your Visa Debit Card. There are a number of options available to you making it more convenient to order a replacement card. 

A replacement Visa Debit card can be ordered via your branch, by contacting BOI365 on 0818 365 365 once you are a registered user or alternatively it is now possible to order this card via the Online Service Desk available to you when you log on to 365Online.

We hope this information is of benefit to you, if we can assist with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C 

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Hi Volvic12,

Thank you for getting in contact with us on boards.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties in using your Visa Debit Card. There are a number of options available to you making it more convenient to order a replacement card. 

A replacement Visa Debit card can be ordered via your branch, by contacting BOI365 on 0818 365 365 once you are a registered user or alternatively it is now possible to order this card via the Online Service Desk available to you when you log on to 365Online.

We hope this information is of benefit to you, if we can assist with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C 
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I have reordered via the online service desk.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭Tow

Make sure they don't charge your for the replacement.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Tow wrote: »
    Make sure they don't charge your for the replacement.
    Ye, will try make sure I don't get charged for it. Was done online so wasn't talking to anyone. Might make a phonecall to them also to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lally1987

Hi I am also having a problem with my visa debit card. It is in excellent condition not a mark on it and a month ago it completely stopped working in ATM's and credit card machines for a month.Then out of nowhere the chip started working again.
    Now yesterday in a store I found that yet again the card is now no longer working.Why is this happening as surely it shouldn't be that the chip spontaneously starts working again when I have done nothing new with it and why did it stop again when there is nothing physically wrong with the card.
     The first time it stopped I brought it into the bank to see if they could check it and was told that yes the chip is dead and that I would need to pay €8 to get a new one. Could you please shed some light on this as it is extremely frustrating especially seeing as it started working again after a month and my visit to the bank, after being told I would have to pay for a replacement when the problem was not from any damage done to the card or wear and tear. It couldn't have happened at a worst weekend on top of everything.

Kind Regards,
    Laura

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Lally1987 wrote: »
    Hi I am also having a problem with my visa debit card. It is in excellent condition not a mark on it and a month ago it completely stopped working in ATM's and credit card machines for a month.Then out of nowhere the chip started working again.
    Now yesterday in a store I found that yet again the card is now no longer working.Why is this happening as surely it shouldn't be that the chip spontaneously starts working again when I have done nothing new with it and why did it stop again when there is nothing physically wrong with the card.
     The first time it stopped I brought it into the bank to see if they could check it and was told that yes the chip is dead and that I would need to pay €8 to get a new one. Could you please shed some light on this as it is extremely frustrating especially seeing as it started working again after a month and my visit to the bank, after being told I would have to pay for a replacement when the problem was not from any damage done to the card or wear and tear. It couldn't have happened at a worst weekend on top of everything.

Kind Regards,
    Laura
    Hi Laura, 

Thanks for posting. 

We're sorry to hear that your card stopped working over the Bank Holiday weekend. 

Without seeing the card, it's hard to know what is wrong with it. 
    If you can drop into any Bank of Ireland branch, a staff member will take a look at the card.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement