Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 Online Banking login issue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 garzezu

I just installed the Bank of Ireland iphone app to see if that would work... No joy. That doesn't work either. Since I have tried it logging in using different browsers, pc's, laptops desktops etc. I doubt very much that it is an issue which relates to cookie settings on browsers as advised on the error message. Very poor service and very disappointing! 

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Hi Tara
    You might hate me for this, but can I ask two simple questions that maybe we can get an answer for, as it seems the problem is not gone away. 

1. Has the BOI IT team tried to replicate the problem customers are having?
    2. Were they able to replicate the problem?

Yes and no answers will even do :) At least if the answer to either of the questions is yes then we know BOI is working on it. As far as I can see answering yes or no to these questions does not give out any confidential, security, data protection issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Still no "Login" possible at "https://www.365online.com/online365/spring/authentication?execution=e3s1" with "Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146 m"

After completing text boxes on first page ,  press "Continue" and then arrive back at first page again,and again, and again and again!!!!!

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Good morning All,

We are sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulties logging on.

Hi streetshooter, can we ask you to please forward the email to 365security@boi.com? Our Fraud Team would be keen to investigate this.

Hi northwestramble, We do understand you have a genuine interest in this topic so please be assured, we'd never feel that way about any members of the boards community :) 

We would like to assure you all that our Support Team continue to investigate this and we are forwarding on all of the posts and the helpful details (browser, device etc) posted here.

We'll keep you posted as and when we receive updates from the Support Team.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi All,

After extensive tests we have been unable to replicate any of the difficulties mentioned above and can confirm 365 Online was operating normally at the time of your posts. Can we ask if you should encounter any of the above difficulties again, please call BOI365 while you access to your computer and a representative will be more than happy to go through a check list and escalate if necessary. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Tara 
    Thank you very much for coming back and telling us that BOI have carried out the testing and were unable to replicate the problem. Is funny, when I asked a few days ago I was told that was told BOI could not answer it. Glad to see there was a change in heart :) As a customer, it is nice to see a clear answer. 

If BOI would like to go the extra mile, it might be worth someone on the technical team to contact a few people here on boards directly via a PM to get contact details and walk through with them what they are doing and exact technical setup. That might help show some light on the specific problem. That would be excellent customer service and show that indeed BOI see 365 as paramount to their business. 
    Just a suggestion :) 

Hi northwestramble,

You're more than welcome. We'll certainly pass on your suggestion however, BOI365 representatives are more than happy to provide technical support such as you've mentioned i.e. browser and cookie settings, clarifying what steps the customer is taking to log on etc.

Thanks again for the time you've taken to provide us with your feedback
    Tara

Hi Tara
    Ah I did not know that 365 provide first line IT support as well. Good to hear. Move in right direction. I would guess though that this set of bugs might be little more tricky to track down. For example this just happened to me. 

I logged in from a windows 8.1 pc, used Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146,  Firefox 27.0.1 and IE Version 11.0.9600.16518. After a minute on the site it logged me out when I clicked on a link to "manage accounts" it kicked me on all of the browsers. I did each one, one at a time. 

I then tried the app on my Android phone and that worked okay, then went back to the bowser and it was working on all of the above. I did not remove my cookies or clear out my cache, just went back into the website and things were working as normal again. 

Funny bug there somewhere :)  was anyone else having this same problem as I just had? maybe if we all put up the details of browser versions , OS it might help the BOI tech team to track it down. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Hi Tara
    Ah I did not know that 365 provide first line IT support as well. Good to hear. Move in right direction. I would guess though that this set of bugs might be little more tricky to track down. For example this just happened to me. 

I logged in from a windows 8.1 pc, used Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146,  Firefox 27.0.1 and IE Version 11.0.9600.16518. After a minute on the site it logged me out when I clicked on a link to "manage accounts" it kicked me on all of the browsers. I did each one, one at a time. 

I then tried the app on my Android phone and that worked okay, then went back to the bowser and it was working on all of the above. I did not remove my cookies or clear out my cache, just went back into the website and things were working as normal again. 

Funny bug there somewhere :)  was anyone else having this same problem as I just had? maybe if we all put up the details of browser versions , OS it might help the BOI tech team to track it down. 
    Same thing happened to me a few days ago on both Chrome & IE, all up to date and running on Win 8.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Login

Problem still there

dohouch wrote: »
    Still no "Login" possible at "https://www.365online.com/online365/spring/authentication?execution=e3s1" with "Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146 m"

After completing text boxes on first page ,  press "Continue" and then arrive back at first page again,and again, and again and again!!!!!

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Dunno if This will help but I have logged in several times this week from a surface rt using IE and a windows 7computer using chrome.  no issues either time. Logged in from outside Ireland.  sounds very frustrating.  I have closed and moved accounts before for similar reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

I have also been experiencing problems with being kicked back to the login screen, but I think it has been caused by not waiting long enough for the next page to load.  There is a warning saying that using the back key will cause you to log out.  I think the same thing happens if you press enter again while a page is loading.

I wonder if this is why so many people are experiencing problems? If so, can BOI either change the settings so that pressing return while a page is loading does not cause a log out or, if this is considered inadvisable for security reasons, have a warning appear advising customers that this will happen if they don't wait for the page to load?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kavanada

Here is a link from a thread I started last September. http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057031066/1#post86358948

You're having the same problems I had. People before me had these problems too. 

I switched to PTSB weeks after. It took 30 minutes in-branch. Zero fees. Open24.ie has failed not once for me since I joined up. 

Bank of Ireland has just announced they are outsourcing 365 to Accenture. For what? Your benefit? 

My comments are my view and my opinion based on first hand experience of Bank of Ireland and their online facility. 

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

Same issue now...

Keep trying to log in, but it throws me back to the log on screen...

Once it got me as far as entering the 3 digits from security code - then it went to a page telling me I had been logged out in red writing....

Any sign of a resolution somewhere in our future???

• Registered Users Posts: 12 liljellytot

I'm having the same issue. 

I tried to log in multiple times - when I enter my login details and press continue, it seems to just loop/refresh the screen.

I have gotten logged in a couple of times but whenever I try and do something like look at my transactions or start a transfer, I get a screen saying the system has logged me out. Cant seem to go a couple of screens with out encountering this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Folks, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. 

We can confirm that Bank of Ireland 365 is operating normally. Can we ask you to try logging in again and if you are still experiencing difficulty please us know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

I am experiencing the same problem.  I can enter my user id and password and it either loops back to a blank screen to re-enter those details, or allows me to enter 3 digits from my password and then loops back to the user id and password screen.  I've tried on both IE and Firefox.

Hi Sasco, 

Thanks for your post. 

Our systems should be operating as normal. Can we ask you to refresh your browser and try accessing 365 Online again? 

If you are still experiencing difficulty, please don't hesitate to let us know here. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Hi Sasco, 

Thanks for your post. 

Our systems should be operating as normal. Can we ask you to refresh your browser and try accessing 365 Online again? 

If you are still experiencing difficulty, please don't hesitate to let us know here. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine
    Same issue, firefox and explorer. Problem with site log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i had same issue and help page suggested to clear my cache with f5 button i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Another with same issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Same issue here, keeps bringing me to first page, asking for no and last digital of phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭greasepalm

logged straight in again and no issues ,java current on pcs?

Hi Folks, 

Thanks for your posts. 

We are aware that for a short period on Saturday, some customers were re-directed to the log in screen when trying to access 365 Online. We can confirm that all systems are operating normally today. 

If you are still experiencing difficulty please refresh your browser and log in again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

The previous 8 digit user id is not letting me enter the full 8 digits, and wants 6 only.

i.e. once I type in the first 6 digits it automatically tabs me onto the next field.
     Anyone else having this issue?

On business online its asking for an 8 digit password even though mines 9, ridiculous, every second day there is problems, so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

egghead. wrote: »
    The previous 8 digit user id is not letting me enter the full 8 digits, and wants 6 only.

i.e. once I type in the first 6 digits it automatically tabs me onto the next field.

On business online its asking for an 8 digit password even though mines 9, ridiculous, every second day there is problems, so bad.
    Actually identified my error, mind gone mad with another account. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

egghead. wrote: »

Hi, 

Thanks for the post.

We have checked with Business online and the login password is 8 digits. Are you logging into boi-bol website?

Janette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Hi, 

Thanks for the post.

We have checked with Business online and the login password is 8 digits. Are you logging into boi-bol website?

Janette

I am, and my password was always 9 digits?

I'm probably blurting in the wrong password, I'll check again, my apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi egghead,

Thanks for the post.

With Business Online, your initial login password will always be a standard length of 8 characters. Even if you entered in 9 characters, the password field would only be reading the first 8 that you had entered.

Have you been able to login to Business Online or are you receiving an error message?

Thanks

Nicola

• Advertisement
Advertisement