Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 Online Banking login issue

Options
  • 24-02-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

What is wrong with the 365 online banking, been playing up for days now, not being able to login?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Hellboy99,

Thank you for your post.

Apologies you are experiencing difficulties in using our 365 Online Banking. We have logged this with our System Support Team who has confirmed all services are now running as expected. Therefore, should you continue to experience difficulties we would ask that you contact our Bank of Ireland 365 Team on 0818 365 365 while at your computer, and a representative can offer you further assistance.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Back working now, thanks :)

Gone again, this time the page won't even load. Have tried on Chrome and IE, nothing. No point having online banking if it spends more time down than running, very inconvenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mpearce

+1

And beyond the obvious problem of not being able to log-in the most frustrating part is
    1) the lack of acknowledgement from BOI that there is currently a problem (either here or on their own site - just checked their "mobile-twitter" feed on the BOI site
    2) any indication of when service will be resumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Managed to log in, but can't do anything...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Good morning all,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Some of our customers have notified us that they have been experiencing difficulty with 365Online this morning. We have logged this with our System Support Team who are looking in to this at the moment.
    We will post here as soon as we have an update.

Thanks for your patience.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi all,

365Online is now operating as expected for those of you who were experiencing slow response times this morning.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

Online banking is toast again, what do we have to do to get you to sort it out?
    Perhaps some complaints to the banking ombudsman.

How are we supposed to have any faith in the system when it is VERY intermittent, especially when doing transfers etc?
    Logged in and made 1 transfer and printed that.
    Tried another transfer and as soon as I pressed the button to complete the transfer the system logged me out.

Please sort your ****e out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Xtep0

Keeps logging me out the second i try to do any kind of transfer... either pay rent or even just a mobile phone top up. Very poor service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi REXER[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you had difficulties online today. We were aware of a slight performance delay online today, our Support Team worked very quickly to resolve this. We trust you can now access online with difficulty and apologise again for the problems you experienced.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Many Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Xtep0[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here. Sincere apologies, as mentioned above, there was a slight delay in performance online today, you should be able to now log in and transfer funds. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your patience.[/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi REXER[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you had difficulties online today. We were aware of a slight performance delay online today[/font]

It's far from slight, it's been doing it now for over a week, mine was down today again also. We pay enough in fees to surely have someone competent enough to address the issue once and for all in a timely manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Hi Alison, Laura
    It appears that the support team once again incorrectly informed you and the team here the problem was fixed.
    This now results in the fact that BOI gave out out factually incorrect information to its customers on a BOI official support channel. Of course, this is not through any fault of the team here, but by the teams providing you with the information. 

I would guess that giving false information is against a series of company and financial regulations that protect customers from misleading and incorrect information. Maybe the BOI legal team can confirm if that is the case or not.

I can understand a mistake made once, but over the week we are getting the story that everything is fixed, only to break down again. This could be possibly viewed as BOI knowingly misleading customers by not telling the truth to cover up a larger problem. Of course, I am not saying that is the case here :)

Would be very interesting to hear if the BOI legal team agree that BOI gave out factually incorrect information to its customers in this case and if there was any regulations broken in doing so. If that is the case, they might provide us then with details on how customer can lodge a formal complaint against this misleading information provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi northwestsramble,

We can assure you that at the time of posting the information we supply you with is correct and factual. In general, BOI365 Online operates at normal service however, we are aware that over the last few weeks there has been intermittent performance issues affecting some users, which were addressed and rectified promptly, ensuring minimum interruption to our customers . 

Once an issue like this has been posted on any of our social media channels, we log this with our system support team for investigation. Before posting a response to say “systems are operating as normal” we have a number of checks in place to ensure this is the case which includes, confirmation from our support team along with checking BOI365 online ourselves.

Again we can assure you at the time of posting the information given by us is factual and up to-date. 

BOI365 Service availability is of paramount importance to us and we will most certainly pass your feedback on to our WEB team for review.

Again we wish to thank you for your feedback, if we can assist with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Meanwhile there are still issues. Trying to log in here and after putting in first 6 digit ID and last 4 digits of phone, it brings the same login screen back up again... and again... and again... and again...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Problems again today.  The system just keeps on either reverting back to the login page (I dread to think what a hacker would make of me keying the same sequence of numbers in again and again), and then when I'm in, it intermittently logs me out.

I'm up to my eyes at the minute with personal stuff and wanted to pop online quickly to do some banking.  I'm now at my computer 25 minutes and all I've managed to do is get my balance!!

Highly frustrating and yet another reason I'll soon be moving to Permanent TSB! :( 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

redt0m wrote: »
    Meanwhile there are still issues. Trying to log in here and after putting in first 6 digit ID and last 4 digits of phone, it brings the same login screen back up again... and again... and again... and again...
    Hi redt0m, 

Many thanks for posting. 

Please call B365 on 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000 while you have online access and a representative will offer assistance with logging on to your accounts. Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and Holidays. 

Thanks

Billy

Problems again today.  The system just keeps on either reverting back to the login page (I dread to think what a hacker would make of me keying the same sequence of numbers in again and again), and then when I'm in, it intermittently logs me out.

I'm up to my eyes at the minute with personal stuff and wanted to pop online quickly to do some banking.  I'm now at my computer 25 minutes and all I've managed to do is get my balance!!

Highly frustrating and yet another reason I'll soon be moving to Permanent TSB! :( 
    Hi firsttimemammy, 

Thanks for posting. 

If you call B365 on 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000 while you have online access a representative will be happy to offer assistance with logging on to your accounts. Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Holidays. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

Hi firsttimemammy, 

Thanks for posting. 

If you call B365 on 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000 while you have online access a representative will be happy to offer assistance with logging on to your accounts. Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Holidays. 

Thanks

Billy

This "Talk to...." forum is fairly pointless if all you can do is tell us to make a phone-call!!

Same here with me today, either reverting back to the login page and not loading at all sometimes. Surely this should of been fixed at this stage!

Can we get an update as to what is happening, what's been done to rectify the problem and a timescale?

Hi firsttimemammy, 

Thanks for posting. 

Thanks

Billy

This "Talk to...." forum is fairly pointless if all you can do is tell us to make a phone-call!!
    Hi firsttimemammy, 

Thanks for your post. 

In order to have the matter investigated, a representative would need to check the settings on your browser. To do this, you would need to call B365 when you have online access.  

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

This login problem has been going on for months, and on top of that it happens with Chrome
    which I think is the most widely used browser on the net.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Happening for me on both Chrome & IE11, both on desktop and mobile. Nothing to do with settings, it's a problem at your end.

Hi Billy
    I think we need a little clarification on this. Having read over the statements I now see that here on Boards, BOI have never actually said the problem was fixed, BOI simply stated the services are back running as would be expected. Now they are two very different things. 

Paula has said that "BOI 365 service availability is of paramount importance" therefore, I would assume the full BOI Web team is actively working on solution to the problem, as, in any business where something is of paramount importance all resources are thrown at it to fix any problem. Therefore could you answer the following 

1. Was BOI able to replicate the problem customers were having ? 
    2. Has BOI confirmed that there is a problem with people logging into 365 online?
    3. If so, are they actively working on a solution to the problem?
    4. Or do BOI feel that there is no problem with 365 on-line and that all problems are due to setting on peoples browsers. 

What is very worrying is that we have seen a number of business customers complain about the Business on-line services, are we now seeing this problem rolling over to 365 on-line and if this is a service that is Paramount to BOI and BOI are struggling to operate it, then that is not a very good sign about the direction the service is going. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I first reported this problem, "Repeated return of Login screen" on 6th February.  

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Tow

When 365 first started (over the phone) it was viewed as having the best IT systems within BOI, by the BOI employees. Why you may ask, because they outsourced IT from day one...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi northwestramble,

We do appreciate the feedback we have received from yourself and others on our Talk to Forum.

We would like to clarify, there are no major issues as you imply and we continue to provide exceptionally high levels of service to our customers. 

If you have a specific issue we can help you with, in respect of your own access to our services, please let us know. Problems with access to our services can be as a result of a number of factors and we would encourage any individual customer who is experiencing problems to make direct contact with the appropriate department.

This is obviously a topic of interest to you however, as you know, we cannot provide you with the level of details you are looking for.

Thanks
    Tara

Tara
    Very sorry if you felt I was implying anything, I have removed that last comment as I can see why you might have felt there was some implication there, was just general info out there on the web but was not correct to put it here on this post. 

In relation to why BOI cannot answer the questions, I guess it is for security reasons. I thought they were standard questions to ask any company who operate an online service, but I guess not. 

Redt0m it would be interesting so if you give the 365 team a call and see if BOI can resolve the problem. From the team here, that seems to be the solution they are offering. Then if BOI can fix the problem you could post the solution here, so that others could find out, as BOI officially are saying there is no problem :) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi northwestramble,

Thanks a million for your reply we genuinely appreciate your feedback and the time you have taken to post.

@redt0m,

If you would like us to arrange for a representative in BOI365 to call you, to help with resolving the issues you're experiencing, please send us a pm with your name, phone number and the name of your account holding branch. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 10 garzezu

If there are no major issues, why are so many people complaining? There is clearly an issue since so many users are having the same negative experience using 365online.com. The fact that there is an issue should be acknowledged by Bank of Ireland. This thread opened on Feb 24th and still the problem has not been resolved. I cannot login or use this 'service' and this is a cause of great concern for me and obviously other users. I called 0818365365 as you have previously suggested and I was told by the agent that there was no issue and the agent informed me that she could provide no further assistance. Please don't tell us to call again, if this is the service that we can expect. This is a horrendous treatment of customers who pay enough by way of bank charges to expect a decent service. I will be considering my banking options if this issue continues beyond this week, I will be closing off my bank of Ireland accounts (which I have held for many years) and I'll be changing to AIB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 streetshooter

HAHA

I got a request to validate a payment from my "account" and I don't even bank with BofI!!

Advertisement