Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feminism and the emasculation of men

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

But women not being easy or feminine enough for you is not a real issue. Your views on what women should be are very 1950's. Perhaps you would have an easier time meeting a woman if you treated them as equal to you? ;)

Back in the day, you just grab a woman, sling her over you shoulder and set fire to her villiage...

Simpler times. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

lufties wrote: »
    In my experience when a man is sexualised it is a big laugh generally with an undertone of 'you go girl', [/B]

to be honest thats the only thing I could agree with you on. Our kids are probably going to look back on a lot of current marketing and wonder how the hell people thought it was okay

As women gain more equality you will find men will have to give up ground so to speak, that's the general dynamic of equality

Should probably point out that while western secular culture is improving, women are still treated like property in much of the world. Oh Hai f**cktarded religious belief system!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

pablo128 wrote: »
    They bang on about being entitled to the same jobs and pay and conditions as men, which they are absolutely entitled to by the way.
    When it comes to applying for good paying jobs but which require actual hard work, many of them are nowhere to be seen.

You're dead right. Women are total skivers. Only good for eating chocolate and moaning about periods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

You're dead right. Women are total skivers. Only good for eating chocolate and moaning about periods.
    Well... you said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

if I were to critique feminism it would just be to say that when the day comes that the walls of gender inequality do come crashing down, I don't think its gonna be the panacea to all humanity's ills as some would claim.

• Advertisement

There is actually a conspiracy that feminism was spearheaded by zionists so that women could be taxed in society rather than for something more noble.

There's a conspiracy theory that my arsehole is the centre of the universe - tbf there does seem to be a small gaseous star residing in my colon. Doesn't mean it's true in any way, shape or form.

I honestly thought this was a pisstake reply and not from the OP. Oh dear…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭tigger123

They bang on about being entitled to the same jobs and pay and conditions as men, which they are absolutely entitled to by the way.
    When it comes to applying for good paying jobs but which require actual hard work, many of them are nowhere to be seen.

More wimmins working in the warehouses and down the mines, otherwise they can fook right off with their equality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Gambas wrote: »
    Peppa Pigs daddy is a classic example of the bumbling fool male role model (if a wonky-eyed, badly drawn anthropomorphic pig can be classed as a role model). However all this 'stoopid male' stuff in TV and movies seems to me to be a case of over-compensation for the realities of the real world, and a sign that the pendulum still hasn't reached half way, let alone swung too far.

Women are stereotyped and caricatured in cartoons too. You often have the overly mammying mother character or the overly dainty helpless princess type etc. etc. etc. I'm not arguing against the use of these or saying they take away from the fact that men are also stereotyped. I'm simply making the point that it's nonsense that men are the only class of people that are made fun of in this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

I'd recommend reading "the disposable male or "the manipulated man" its an eye opener!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

The human world is gone haywire. I look out on a farmyard each morning and I see tranquility. There is a pecking order there. Everyone knows his or her place and little uprisings are quickly sorted out. In actual fact it is the gay hens that start most of the aggro. This last sentence may arouse a little discomfort to people but it is true. Ask any farmer that has a hatchery. If a hen is ill and sits, these approach and try to do what cocks do, but in so doing puncture the flesh of the ill hen at both sides with their talons and so cause disease to spread. So every now and then these have got to be culled. Easily identifiable with a more pronounced comb, they are mentioned in old sayings.
    "A whistling woman or a crowing hen will bring bad luck to the house they're in"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Is it yet time to start splitting other's heads open and feasting on the goo inside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Domestic violence happens to men too in case you didn't know.

Do you think it happens to the same extent and to the same degree of severity? The vast majority of victims of domestic violence are women, and overwhelmingly the majority when we consider serious injury or fatality.
    Women in parliament? Mary harney, hanafin and coughlan..enough said.

16% of the Irish Parliament are female. 23% of the British Parliament is female.

Both have a lower level of female participation in parliament than Iraq by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

The human world is gone haywire. I look out on a farmyard each morning and I see tranquility. There is a pecking order there. Everyone knows his or her place and little uprisings are quickly sorted out. In actual fact it is the gay hens that start most of the aggro. This last sentence may arouse a little discomfort to people but it is true. Ask any farmer that has a hatchery. If a hen is ill and sits, these approach and try to do what cocks do, but in so doing puncture the flesh of the ill hen at both sides with their talons and so cause disease to spread. So every now and then these have got to be culled. Easily identifiable with a more pronounced comb, they are mentioned in old sayings.
    "A whistling woman or a crowing hen will bring bad luck to the house they're in"

What did I just read???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

This should not be an issue tho. Women require a little extra time off work after a child, but not enough that it should be a significant barrier to promotion. I believe the idea that the woman should stay at home indefinitely after the child is born plays a big role here. Why do women feel pressure to do this and not men? These are the stereo types that are damaging and need to be done away with.

Thankfully things are moving in the right direction tho, so I'm confident in time this will no longer be an issue.

Some women want to stay home indefinitely and can afford to - they are skewing the figures without meaning to. Other women have this notion that they can get to be CEO by flexi-time and work-from-home and all sorts of allowances for their parenthood. They can't.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    What did I just read???

Whistling Feminists, in league with the Zionists, are making gay hens. It is officially the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Muise... wrote: »
    Feminists want less crap from the likes of you and more respect and less disdain for women in society.

Feminists want equality without accountability. Other things are they want to be paid equal but refuse to work as such. Male sexuality is shamed but female immorality is excused. men also get manipulated by women sexually. On tv men are portrayed as idiots while the woman is the dominant figure. Men are also expected to just nod along at whatever women say and hence becoming emasculated.

Whistling Feminists, in league with the Zionists, are making gay hens. It is officially the end of the world.

I can't whistle since my nose was broken for the 5th time playing rugby - I feel like I am letting my lesbian hen sistahs down now :(

Muise... wrote: »
    Because it is. If you accept that, you'll find it answers your questions on average pay and promotion.

It shouldn't be though, and that's the point. Maternity is a necessary thing in society and there should be maternity pay and strict job protection for women who are pregnant. Likewise women of a certain age shouldn't be denied promotion in the workplace because their boss is afraid she might get up the duff at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Feminists want equality without accountability. Other things are they want to be paid equal but refuse to work as such. Male sexuality is shamed but female immorality is excused. men also get manipulated by women sexually. On tv men are portrayed as idiots while the woman is the dominant figure. Men are also expected to just nod along at whatever women say and hence becoming emasculated.

Are you confusing "Feminists" with some aul harpy that burnt you one time? Or maybe you had a bad dream?

I can't whistle since my nose was broken for the 5th time playing rugby - I feel like I am letting my lesbian hen sistahs down now :(

Women playing rugby? I've heard it all now…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Did you ever hear of the term 'mangina'?

You should google it for the craic ;)

This is complete fabrication. You'll find rampant male sexuality is actually celebrated while the opposite is actively derided. Hence why some men get termed "legends" for riding all around them while women are written off as "sluts" and "whores" for promiscuity.

To be honest your whole agenda exists only within your own head.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm pretty sure it was established last week that the gays don't like sport, especially rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

You should google it for the crack ;)

Image search. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Oooh Oooh Oooooh

AAAH !!AAAH !! AAAAH !!

You should google it for the craic ;)

Have you ever heard of the term 'gobsh¡te'?

• Moderators Posts: 51,833 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

you might say that society has gone off the reservation....

http://gossipextra.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/csi_miami_cancelled1.jpg

:P

If you can read this, you're too close!

'Equal pay for Equal work' as I recall was what was asked for...

Female immorality - care to spell out exactly what you mean by that?

Ya - I can't believe the number of TV shows where men are raped and brutally murdered...oh...hang on....

You seem to have some issues...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ya - I can't believe the number of TV shows where men are raped and brutally murdered...oh...hang on....

'Oz' makes up about 81% of the above.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure it was established last week that the gays don't like sport, especially rugby.

Neil was too afraid to talk about the rugby playin lesbians....the big girl's blouse.

Advertisement