Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drone farming....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

Class.
    Needs a winch to put the ewe standing again .it could also fight off magpies !
    Is this the end of the sheepdog? One man and his drone !

I think amazon are testing these in London so it's not far fetched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

It'd be awful handy sent off out to the hill checking sheep, or looking for strays. Though I don't think they're great in the wind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Lano Lynn

it works both ways, any pain in the ass can fly one of these over your farm:(

you may like this chaps blog
    http://thecontraryfarmer.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/drone-groans/

Lano Lynn wrote: »
    it works both ways, any pain in the ass can fly one of these over your farm:(

you may like this chaps blog
    http://thecontraryfarmer.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/drone-groans/

They do anyway, taking photos for the Dept :D Besides, Bing maps shows the place warts and all, and I am overlooked by a road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

They do anyway, taking photos for the Dept :D Besides, Bing maps shows the place warts and all, and I am overlooked by a road.

Sorry your honor. I thought it was a crow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Sure you won't need the drone to count the sheep so. All you have to do is tell the department how many you have and they'll soon tell you if any are missing.

Sure you won't need the drone to count the sheep so. All you have to do is tell the department how many you have and they'll soon tell you if any are missing.

Judging by the amount of untagged sheep around they haven't the first clue who has what, and don't seem very interested either.

Be very handy for checking on them though. Sort of rough terrain hereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Judging by the amount of untagged sheep around they haven't the first clue who has what, and don't seem very interested either.

Be very handy for checking on them though. Sort of rough terrain hereabouts.

It's probably expecting too much for them to be that much in the know. That said try putting down a few of that new breed (imaginaries I think you call them) on next year's census and they might be able to tell you what you do and don't have.
    It's tough work looking at sheep on some of that ground out your way. Would the drone not take too much hardship out of the work.

It's probably expecting too much for them to be that much in the know. That said try putting down a few of that new breed (imaginaries I think you call them) on next year's census and they might be able to tell you what you do and don't have.
    It's tough work looking at sheep on some of that ground out your way. Would the drone not take too much hardship out of the work.

That's alright, I can make up for the hardship in other areas, gives me more free time to think of the hard way of doing things :D

Advertisement