Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System on a €1,000 budget

Options
  • 24-02-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a sytem fitted to my home. Its not pre wired so wireless will the way i'm going. I'd like remote access but not phone watch type stuff. I have a power supply wired in the hallway for it.

There are about 8 doors and windows in total to be alarmed ( complete ground floor). Maybe motion sensors as well if i could. The kids "wander" to our room at night and theres a dog in the kitchen so that would have to be taken into account.

Would €1,000 get me all that. Its being done via work so it would have to be done by a company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Having just done the maths €1,000 would just about cover the installation of a HKC Quantum system, utilising inertia shock sensors with integrated contacts to all of your external windows and doors and also a Passive Infrared Beam. The system will also get you a wireless external siren and the panel has an onboard dialler which can transmit text messages, direct connection to monitoring stations and should you have a UPC line, it will transmit a pre recorded audio activation also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

That sounds good, i'm going to ring some companies and get them to call around and give me a quote so i can get the ball rolling.

Even if i had to put another 100 to it to get the right system.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Just a tip Don't mention how much you have to spend and shop around but its about what you install in the long run HKC and Aritech are the best options for perimeter protection

stuartkee wrote: »
    Just a tip Don't mention how much you have to spend and shop around but its about what you install in the long run HKC and Aritech are the best options for perimeter protection

Aritech happy days, its UTC now. The big difference here is the UTC wireless inertia's do not allow for wiring in adjoining contacts to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Its back to Aritech Ireland now KUB keep up :)

• Advertisement

stuartkee wrote: »
    Its back to Aritech Ireland now KUB keep up :)

Since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I have someone calling this evening so we'll see what he has to say but one thing he did say is that the GSM unit is 250. I didn't ask the brand or anything but is that expensive and is it hard add after install ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

GSMs prices vary a lot. Anywhere from under €100 to over €300

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

You could use an Eldes ET-082 gsm .. It will work nicely with the quantum or any other panel and takes over if the phone line is cut .. It will also alert you if the panel is completely destroyed upon the entry delay and if you haven't paid your phone bill. Only €120 including vat. The UTC 868mhz vibration sensors are smart as they tell you when the shock sensor has gone faulty.

Advertisement