Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a cheque?

Options
  • 24-02-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Would dearly like to know how I can lodge a cheque to my partners a/c. He is away working and
    there fore has his bank card with him, he works from 8am to 5.30 and there is no BOI branch nearby to him if by chance you suggest he goes on his lunch break!
    Perhaps someone from BOI could ACTUALLY answer this in simple terms!
    Can I lodge it to my BOI credit card by any chance???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi jeankin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie

A cheque needs to be lodged to a bank account rather than a credit card. 

You can visit a branch and lodge the cheque to your partners' account without his bank card. Branches have non-counter services where cashiers are unavailable on certain days so the best thing to do is to call a local branch and a representative will advise of their cashless days. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

I hope this helps. 

We're here from 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri so please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement