Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding outfits for boys

Options
  • 24-02-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭

What do i dress my 2 boys (4yrs & 18mths) in for a family wedding? I would like outfits that they will wear again after the event if possible. The oldest was at a wedding when he was 6mths but we haven't had a family wedding since so i haven't a clue what the dress code is for small boys :confused:

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

ariana` wrote: »
    What do i dress my 2 boys (4yrs & 18mths) in for a family wedding? I would like outfits that they will wear again after the event if possible. The oldest was at a wedding when he was 6mths but we haven't had a family wedding since so i haven't a clue what the dress code is for small boys :confused:

TIA :)

Is it a summer wedding? Or coming up soon? What about nice little chinos and a shirt that they will definitely get to wear again? If it is coming up soon, you could get heavier trousers and put on a jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

It's in April. I had been thinking nice cords with shirts. I have a pair of cords with leather braces and a soft checked shirt which was a baby present when the 2nd was born - it's 12-18mths so i'm thinking if that fits him it might be ok (he's still wearing 9-12mths). It's cute but i'm not sure if it's dressy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

ariana` wrote: »
    It's in April. I had been thinking nice cords with shirts. I have a pair of cords with leather braces and a soft checked shirt which was a baby present when the 2nd was born - it's 12-18mths so i'm thinking if that fits him it might be ok (he's still wearing 9-12mths). It's cute but i'm not sure if it's dressy enough?

Sounds fine to me. The most important thing is that he is comfortable.
    My brother got married recently and his 2 year old was wearing cords and a nice shirt. There were little kids there dressed in suits and the poor things looked terribly uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

The 18mth old would be perfect in that, he just needs to be reasonably smart & comfortable. You could buy something similar for the 4yr old, have them coordinating, and maybe add little ties and jackets? I saw little blazer style jackets in Next recently, they went from 3-6mths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

That sounds perfect. I love seeing little boys with converse on with smart shirt and trousers it just looks adorable. Have seen it at a few weddings now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

bulmersgal wrote: »
    That sounds perfect. I love seeing little boys with converse on with smart shirt and trousers it just looks adorable. Have seen it at a few weddings now

As it happens they both need new shoes/trainers anyhow so that might work if the rest of the outfits are cute/trendy enough!

I'm going shopping on Sat, planning on going to Next, M&S, Debenhams & Name It. I can't think of anywhere else? I usually shop in Dunnes & Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

You'll definitely pick something up in one of those stores. Enjoy the wedding :)

Advertisement