Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Limerick Run 2014

Options
  • 25-02-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Apologies if there is already a post for this - I couldn't find one! Just keen to hear from other people who have done this before and what it's like?! It'll be my fifth half marathon but first time doing this race. It was quite expensive to sign up but with Kildare cancelled, am keen to get a spring half under my belt.

Also, I saw their recommended half marathon training plan online for a beginner.
    http://www.greatlimerickrun.com/participants/training/marathonhalf
    Am I totally lazy or is this far too much for a beginner? I'm following the Hal Higdon intermediate Half Marathon plan, but upping the long runs to 15 miles a fortnight before the race, as my two PBs so far have been while I'm marathon training, and it's nowhere near as intense as this plan. On the flip side, the long runs in this plan don't go past 9 miles, which also seems a bit mad!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement