Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online learning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

wanadrum wrote: »
    I felt like that when I read the forward from chief con. Dear colleague.........all the best in your police career.

Just hope the medical and vetting go smoothly and no spaners end up in the works!

Is it even possible to fail the online learning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Job4life

I must make a good dent in mine today. I don't get a lot of time through the week with work. How long did it take you to get to the halfway point gmck26?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Job4life wrote: »
    I must make a good dent in mine today. I don't get a lot of time through the week with work. How long did it take you to get to the halfway point gmck26?

I would say it took about 8 hours or so to get there. I am hoping to get it over and finished asap in case something unexpected comes up

gmck26 wrote: »
    I would say it took about 8 hours or so to get there. I am hoping to get it over and finished asap in case something unexpected comes up

I can't get viewing the videos or listening to audio

tony1985 wrote: »
    I can't get viewing the videos or listening to audio

Did you report it to forum? They all worked for me except in one section that I reported and am going to go back to once the administrator replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

I must start mine. Is there a time limit on the assessment parts? And does anyone know if it's pass fail and only one shot at the assessments?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

And what way are you doing it. Taking notes etc or just firing through?

Did you report it to forum? They all worked for me except in one section that I reported and am going to go back to once the administrator replies

It's ok. Couldn't view them online but was grand when I downloaded them with the exception of the directive audio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

What sort of topics are involved in the online learning?

I see no one answered your Q for some reason !

Some of the topics include Human Rights, The Code of Ethics and the National Decision Making model ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chief Wiggum2

About half way through online learning...I have to admit it is making me want to job a little bit more and get a little excited.

Will make it even harder if the job offer does not follow!

It says on your email when you pass the AC that you have now recieved a conditional offer of employment depending on you passing the final few parts. An offer should most certainly come as long as we pass the test on the initial learning... whenever that is.

• Advertisement

It says on your email when you pass the AC that you have now recieved a conditional offer of employment depending on you passing the final few parts. An offer should most certainly come as long as we pass the test on the initial learning... whenever that is.

I have learned through previous applications not to count my chickens. ...however it is looking optimistic that subject to vetting and medical clearance an offer will come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

Pot of coffee at the ready.....let the online learning commence ;)

Is the online learning done on NCALT? If it is just a wee warning....

Do NOT fire through at turbo speeds. They can tell how quick you do it, and how long you spend on a section. If you do the usual thing of a 45 minute course in 8 minutes they will be able to tell.

Do NOT fire through at turbo speeds. They can tell how quick you do it, and how long you spend on a section. If you do the usual thing of a 45 minute course in 8 minutes they will be able to tell.

I seen the assessment at the end of each section is timed so they will know if your flying through it and not taking time to read the questions something is up! Lol

I seen the assessment at the end of each section is timed so they will know if your flying through it and not taking time to read the questions something is up! Lol

Haha, yeah, that's definitely a stick you could be beaten with if you fly through it. ;)

well as for reading the documents you download them so they dont have anyway of tracking that I guess, but from the tests it seems that they do.

Sorry guys I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression that we were tested on the online learning when we got into GV. Are the online assessments the only form of test we get on it??

I correct myself, you only download the first lot, the rest are on the site and read from there so they probably do have some sort of tracking.

Sorry guys I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression that we were tested on the online learning when we got into GV. Are the online assessments the only form of test we get on it??

The test at the end is more an attempt to make sure you have looked at it and have read it thoroughly. You have to get 100% to pass but can attempt it as many times as you want.

I used the print page so I can read offline so dont know how they will time that

I have been copying it into a word document myself. The assessments are quite easy, I expected there to be a lot more questions.

So to clarify, we don't sit an exam on it upon entering GV?

• Advertisement

I have been copying it into a word document myself. The assessments are quite easy, I expected there to be a lot more questions.

So to clarify, we don't sit an exam on it upon entering GV?

The "Pre-Entry Overview" states "The first week of the course will include an examination on all of the Pre Entry Induction Course material. "

So I'd say yes

Yeah that seems pretty conclusive lol

How's everyone getting on with the online learning? Much of it done?

Getting on OK. Got stuck in properly yesterday. Though trying not to rush too much and make sure I take it in. Saving each page in a document so will read over everything again.
    Anyone fail the knowledge checks more than once? Lol

I have just completed mine this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 J_Recruit

I've completed the first couple of sections but I agree trying to take in as much as I can so I don't forget it, If I'm lucky enough to get invited to Hotel G

I have just completed mine this morning.

Jeepers, that's good going. You don't hang about

Jeepers, that's good going. You don't hang about

Was working nights over the weekend and was quite quiet so got most of it done then. Then finished it off last night as this morning. But I have taken extensive notes and copied everything to my home computer so I can revise and review if/ when I get that call

I'm doing the same, copying it all to my computer to keep at it even when the time is elapsed. Feels like my life is on hold waiting for word from them

• Advertisement

So much reading.....lol

Advertisement