Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online learning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Ive got
    AcDc plugged in
    Fileblock out
    Higlighters out
    Pen out
    Online learning. ..... bring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chief Wiggum2

student15 wrote: »
    Ive got
    AcDc plugged in
    Fileblock out
    Higlighters out
    Pen out

I've got the missus out for the night, thats all I need lol :D

I've got the missus out for the night, thats all I need lol :D

Thats terrible!

Mine is beside me doing work too!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TDA2

Ive got
    AcDc plugged in
    Fileblock out
    Higlighters out
    Pen out

Last time I used highlighters doing online learning I couldn't get some damned nuisance yellow lines of my screen after it!

Thats terrible!

Mine is beside me doing work too!

Actually THAT sounds terrible! How can you take a 'break' for an hour and watch top gear in that situation???

• Advertisement

Actually THAT sounds terrible! How can you take a 'break' for an hour and watch top gear in that situation???

Top gear isn't something I've got a taste for unfortunately!
    Might go for a wee run to get the mind out of test mode and into sleep mode!

Top gear isn't something I've got a taste for unfortunately!
    Might go for a wee run to get the mind out of test mode and into sleep mode!

In that case... NEVER SPEAK TO ME EVER AGAIN YOU DOG :p

How can anyone not like top gear???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Job4life

9 sections done, 6 to go. I struggle to get the time with work but I hit it hard last night! Data protection was grim!

Surely if we complete this successfully and pass the vetting and medical we're bound to get offered a place? It's a hell of a lot of work and effort if that's not their plan!

Job4life wrote: »
    9 sections done, 6 to go. I struggle to get the time with work but I hit it hard last night! Data protection was grim!

Surely if we complete this successfully and pass the vetting and medical we're bound to get offered a place? It's a hell of a lot of work and effort if that's not their plan!

I've been doing mine in the back row of lectures in uni on my phone!

Lol. Fair play to you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Just finished third module last night, classic case of work ramping up at the exact moment I need time but I'll get a good stab at it this weekend now hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Completed mine on Wed evening. The thought of completing it all and not being offered a place does suck lol
    I will continue to look through it all though so I am up to speed if that call comes my way!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Remember folks, you still have 3 weeks left! No need to race through it. Small bites at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

When you finish reading a section a tick mark appears beside that topic. I'm not getting tick marks appearing in the box for the knowledge check being completed. Is anyone else getting ticks for having it completed?

picture987 wrote: »
    When you finish reading a section a tick mark appears beside that topic. I'm not getting tick marks appearing in the box for the knowledge check being completed. Is anyone else getting ticks for having it completed?

You tick them yourself. Done.

picture987 wrote: »

See where there are sections saying that we should note down about how we would feel or react having observed this and it will be discussed in week 2?
    Are you guys all making notes for it as detailed?

I just have my noted for everything and didnt know wether or not to be noting everything down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

See where there are sections saying that we should note down about how we would feel or react having observed this and it will be discussed in week 2?
    Are you guys all making notes for it as detailed?

I just have my noted for everything and didnt know wether or not to be noting everything down!

I haven't as yet but I might print off some of the material for reading and highlighting in the event that I get offered a place at GV

Just two sections to go! Hopefully get it completed tonight. There'd need to be a place reserved for those of us doing this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jontkd

Hi,

Has anyone noticed more course content on the homepage?

There is the normal pre-entry course and now there is another foundation program.

I am just wondering if it has always been there and I haven't notices it or is it new?

jontkd wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone noticed more course content on the homepage?

There is the normal pre-entry course and now there is another foundation program.

I am just wondering if it has always been there and I haven't notices it or is it new?

That's new but only Garnerville residents can access it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jontkd

tony1985 wrote: »
    That's new but only Garnerville residents can access it

Just have to keep the fingers crossed!!

Online learning completed, BOOOM. Thank God. Some interesting reading though

• Registered Users Posts: 24 J_Recruit

I got a good chunk completed tonight only another couple of sections to complete :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

Online learning completed :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

About half way through! have nothing planned for this weekend so hopefully Ill get it done and dusted saturday and sunday! Although Im not rushing it because I want to try take it all in!

I've completed mine already, didn't rush. But once complete you still have access to all Material until the end so I will continue to go through things.
    I heard that sooner you have it completed the better as it's another box ticked so keep er lit!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 J_Recruit

That's it completed. There's a lot to take in and will definitely need to go over it again if I get through

J_Recruit wrote: »
    That's it completed. There's a lot to take in and will definitely need to go over it again if I get through

You'll be locked out of it before u find out of you have gotten through. I'm going to try and maybe print it off for a bit of extra prep.

tony1985 wrote: »
    You'll be locked out of it before u find out of you have gotten through. I'm going to try and maybe print it off for a bit of extra prep.

Do they lock you out? I thought that only happened if you failed any parts of the process. There are stages within it for when you get into GV so I don't think they'd close it off?

• Advertisement

Job4life wrote: »
    Do they lock you out? I thought that only happened if you failed any parts of the process. There are stages within it for when you get into GV so I don't think they'd close it off?

As per email <mod snip>. Imagine if successful it will be accessible against at GV

Advertisement