Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online learning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

Online learning complete.
    Content printed. I just need to print all the additional bits for each section. There is a lot. I just hope I progress all this working and learning could still be for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 J_Recruit

tony1985 wrote: »
    You'll be locked out of it before u find out of you have gotten through. I'm going to try and maybe print it off for a bit of extra prep.

Yeah I printed the notes as I went through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 LtCustard

Hey guys first time poster long time viewer of these forums lol, just finished up with all the online learning there, whats everyones thoughts as to chances of success seeing we have all made it this far ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

Anybody else have any bother with videos? Think this is the second video I've came across that has stopped halfway through. I was using Chrome but changed to Internet Explorer and still no joy. It's the video about the snake!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Had the same problem with that video, stopped about a minute in! Also, most of the podcasts didn't work for me. I must get in touch with them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

whatinthe wrote: »
    Had the same problem with that video, stopped about a minute in! Also, most of the podcasts didn't work for me. I must get in touch with them!

Its an interesting course though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

student15 wrote: »
    Its an interesting course though!!!!
    Yeah it is, and incredibly motivating.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Got all the material printed today. So all being well if I get the call up I have plenty to study before hand! There is a lot! Exciting.

To the fella I was talking to at my medical yesterday and you've just been looking at the boards... get yourself on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 policehopeful

i presume when i complete all the individual sections of the elearning i just wait until Friday 28th until it locks me out??

• Advertisement

i presume when i complete all the individual sections of the elearning i just wait until Friday 28th until it locks me out??

Yeh when you check my learning the status should show green and completed. Now just wait.

Do we know for definite that it locks us out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

student15 wrote: »
    Do we know for definite that it locks us out ?

I got an email the other morning saying that access would stop access very early Friday morning!

So that's the online learning closed off. Tried to access again this morning to check and does not allow me. Another box ticked off. Hopefully they send the info off to psni today I'd assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Not sure of the whole working of your guys e-learning, but if its anything like the e-learning that was at uni, it's more than likely that PSNI teaching staff already have/had direct access to the statistics :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Goose2301

Long time lurker - first time poster!!
    Online earning complete, medical passed. Just wondering - harbour police do the same basic training as Psni just with a different uniform, correct? wondering if the few harbour police people left in their process had to do the online learning modules to?.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chief Wiggum2

Does anyone know when our exam for the online learning is when we get into garnerville? I don't want it to be in the first day and I get caught out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

Does anyone know when our exam for the online learning is when we get into garnerville? I don't want it to be in the first day and I get caught out...

Worry about that once you get a start date. You'll have few weeks to read it. Besides, I would hardly think we will be expelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chief Wiggum2

I'm pretty sure I read on one of the letters that you can be thrown out of GV subject to failing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I take it no one from the second batch of PCAs has got anything ref online learning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

19087 wrote: »
    I take it no one from the second batch of PCAs has got anything ref online learning?

I think it took the first batch about a week to receive email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Just making sure *paranoid*

I suppose it would make sense for them to wait until all the PCAs in that batch were compete before sending anything out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Yea, I would say start of next week start sending them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

19087 wrote: »
    sorry, by "second batch" do you mean the "delay group"??? or is there another group that have already done physical etc but waiting to do online learning?? (besides the lucky ones who got the phonecall yesterday) :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Got my e-learning email this morning, I did my PCA earlier in the week. Hopefully the rest of you should get the same thing soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

vickmackey wrote: »
    sorry, by "second batch" do you mean the "delay group"??? or is there another group that have already done physical etc but waiting to do online learning?? (besides the lucky ones who got the phonecall yesterday) :eek::confused:

2nd batch went through to vetting etc at the same time the delay email came through!

JayC90 wrote: »
    Got my e-learning email this morning, I did my PCA earlier in the week. Hopefully the rest of you should get the same thing soon.
    happy days for you!! get stuck in, and good luck with it.

would you mind saying when you got your AC result?? and what grade?? please?:confused: -- just all seems very confusing as to how many groups are getting so many staggered stages.....i got delayed email and grade B, and still nothing at all from since email....:(.....dont mind waiting as long as is needed, but would just love a better idea of how things are working (as i'm sure so many would!)
    thankyou

Dekkers wrote: »
    2nd batch went through to vetting etc at the same time the delay email came through!
    so the ones who got vetting letters (last week?) were the higher grades of part of the delay group-- they are 2nd batch ???- :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

vickmackey wrote: »
    so the ones who got vetting letters (last week?) were the higher grades of part of the delay group-- they are 2nd batch ???- :confused:

Yeah it must be something along those lines. 68 seems to be the lowest score that has received forms so far

They'd be 3rd batch I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

I got my assessment results at the end of feb, PCA has been and gone and e learning has come through this morning. I wasn't part of the delay group, I scored 77%, so an A.

I just have medical to do now as far as I am aware.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement