Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online learning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

JayC90 wrote: »
    I got my assessment results at the end of feb, PCA has been and gone and e learning has come through this morning. I wasn't part of the delay group, I scored 77%, so an A.

I just have medical to do now as far as I am aware.

Hope that helps.
    thankyou very much -- to be honest that has cleared up a lot to me!:D
    appreciate the clear explanation:)

at least now I know it could be a very long wait, so will start breathing again!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

No worries. Polis recruitment works in strange ways!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

that it does!!! appreciate people helping eachother with updates along the way....at the end of the day, we are all in same boat and 1 day may all be backing eachother up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Got online e-learning email this morning too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Just be careful one of the emails went straight into my junk folder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Got mine earlier today too

I know how to live it up on a Friday night - online learning time!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Been off work sick, completed the online learning yesterday afternoon. Quite interesting.

What level of knowledge of this information do you think will be required when you walk into gv? Considering it locks us out after 28 days and potentially it could be 6 weeks after that before we get in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

19087 wrote: »
    What level of knowledge of this information do you think will be required when you walk into gv? Considering it locks us out after 28 days and potentially it could be 6 weeks after that before we get in!

I found the best thing was to print it out so even after 28 days I still have a copy. I also find it easier to learn that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Chief Wiggum2

You get quizzed on it on your first day in GV. I thinks it's a pass or you're outta here kinda deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

As this is the first time they have had elearning before GV no one knows and I doubt they would put you out first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chief Wiggum2

A friend of mine is also through, his father is serving and called up to enquire. He was told/led to believe, that it was on the first day. Not worth taking the chance so I'll be cramming right up to then

Just a question for the other online learning people...

All my modeules as I am doing them are getting a little tick in the box beside them, but the knowledge check boxes are still empty even though I've got 100% in each check - is this the same for the rest of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Just a question for the other online learning people...

All my modeules as I am doing them are getting a little tick in the box beside them, but the knowledge check boxes are still empty even though I've got 100% in each check - is this the same for the rest of you?

You tick it yourself :)

Ha ha how stupid do I feel now!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

I'm back, getting stuck into the learning rightly. Couple of hours each night to get it knocked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

boblaw88 wrote: »
    I'm back, getting stuck into the learning rightly. Couple of hours each night to get it knocked out!

Why the user change etc bob?
    Nice to have you back!

Emails were compromised and linked to this account. Had to kill off a lot of stuff quickly, taken me a week or so to get all my work back together and sign up for a rake of sites.

Has everyone been getting multiple emails today from the online learning? Seems they email out every post anyone makes in the 'forum'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Yea i had a good few come through today aswell.

They have updated a good bit of info.

Just seen the note about a test in your first week at Gville. You need to a % score to progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

The test is multiple choice, and they don't mention not progressing. Failure to pass results in verbal warning I believe. To be honest, a weekend of reading should take care of it, given that it's multiple choice.

Schwing! Thanks Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

They have updated a good bit of info.

Just seen the note about a test in your first week at Gville. You need to a % score to progress.

Are you able to access this info?
    I have finished my online learning ages ago in the first lot of passes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

student15 wrote: »
    Are you able to access this info?
    I have finished my online learning ages ago in the first lot of passes!

When you get the call they open up the initial course with a new course after induction weekend

Finished Huzzah! Found a lot of the stuff all linking in towards the end, going to print out all the pages and make some mind maps from it all.

Closes next Friday, hope there's a wee phone call coming my way after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Finished Huzzah! Found a lot of the stuff all linking in towards the end, going to print out all the pages and make some mind maps from it all.

Closes next Friday, hope there's a wee phone call coming my way after!

Well done, I got finished this week too. Going by the 5 week mark calls for next intake will hopefully be around [mod snip] may fingers crossed

Took an hour an night for a couple of weeks and made lots of notes. Once I got back into studying mode it was good craic. Just want the hard copy to be safe for this week 1 exam! [mod snip] May is lucky for me, so here's hoping!!

• Advertisement

I've seen a lot of talk on the online learning discussion forums (I'm guessing some of you may feature!) about what exactly needs doing for this to be officially completed.

Can we safely assume that once the little 'completion' bar turns green and it says we have completed 51/51 required criteria that we have sucessfully completed the online learning? My grades aren't showing for the knowledge checks, but the admin says they are just a tool for us rather than graded.

Maybe one of the first batch could enlighten us as they obviously did everything required!

Advertisement