Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online learning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

On my online learning it says 51/51 and the bar has turned green - grades only appeared for some knowledge checks but after reading some of the posts on the forum I have redone the knowledge checks which were ungraded and now all my grades have appeared. Just printing everything now so I have hard copies to refer back to so I can boost my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

19087 wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of talk on the online learning discussion forums (I'm guessing some of you may feature!) about what exactly needs doing for this to be officially completed.

Can we safely assume that once the little 'completion' bar turns green and it says we have completed 51/51 required criteria that we have sucessfully completed the online learning? My grades aren't showing for the knowledge checks, but the admin says they are just a tool for us rather than graded.

Maybe one of the first batch could enlighten us as they obviously did everything required!

Yes that's everything completed once the bar is green and it states 51/51

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Anyone else in group 2a on the learning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

Me! Finished a couple of nights away, went back through and printed a rake of stuff off.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Finished group 2a on friday myself too. Loads of stuff printed, probably stuff I didn't need but you never know what might come up in the exam.

• Advertisement

Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Just checking... Anyone from the first batch that's waiting. When you try to log in you get an error with a suspended message? Obviously because it's closed? Just checking. Freaked me out a bit and couldn't remember if that's what I got when it closed off. Been that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Just checking... Anyone from the first batch that's waiting. When you try to log in you get an error with a suspended message? Obviously because it's closed? Just checking. Freaked me out a bit and couldn't remember if that's what I got when it closed off. Been that long!

Just tried to log in myself and got the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Maverick89 wrote: »
    Just tried to log in myself and got the same message.

That's great, cheers maverick. Can relax now lol

2a closed today, nerve wracking.

Anyone in the 2b done their medicals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

boblaw88 wrote: »

Still waiting on a medical date :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Wannabebigger

boblaw88 wrote: »

Roll on ring ring time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Anyone here in group 3 just started? I seem to be on my own lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'm 2b, did my PCA start of April and just got word I passed my
    Medical. Have you been waiting long for "the call"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

Has anyone received the online learning email today and not received the email with password and username?

Plus did the email arrive 6 times, like it did for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

PTR292 wrote: »
    Has anyone received the online learning email today and not received the email with password and username?

Plus did the email arrive 6 times, like it did for me?

Yep arrived 6 times for me too lol!
    Still no username and password though. They did say 24 hours so not going to panic just yet.

Yeh i guess so. Someone got a little over excited sending out emails today lol
    Cant wait to get the online learning started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I've done the online learning. Password should arrive tomorrow. Mine came the following day. Log on and change the password to something more memorable. You'll need to unblock pop ups for some of the videos and modules to work.

I really enjoyed the online learning. Be warned guys, it will make you want the job even more haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

I really enjoyed the online learning. Be warned guys, it will make you want the job even more haha.

This is so true! It's really enjoyable and interesting stuff :) makes you itching to get out there and put it into use!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 rickmar

Yep, got the email 6 times as well, hopefully logon details will appear tomorrow. For you folks that got e-learning info today, I presume you have medical forms to fill out as well, if this is the case what group does this put us in? 3?

I would think 4 or 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Same boat as you guys above, got sent the email 7 times, hopefully the login details will be sent tomorrow for us! Would I be right in saying then that our medical appointment letters for recent PCA passers can't be far away, or has anyone got theirs aleady? Passed PCA last week and nothing yet, heard some people saying their medical appointment letter took 3-7 days and other people saying 4-5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rickmar

Pt93, same boat as you, I passed pca last week as well, went to the docs this morn and filled out the forms I got on the day. Waiting now for medical appointment myself and will start the e-learning at the end of the week. Where u in the morning slot for pca?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Sure was bud! Dark t shirt and Newcastle Utd shorts on lol :D , still have to get my forms filled out by the doc, still transferring the records over from my last GP's so have to wait until then :(

How is everyone getting along on their Online Learning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Just giving this a wee bump. Hopefully it'll come through sometime this week. Looking forward to getting a taster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Keep us posted dekkers. Just for time scales for those of us one stage behind you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Keep us posted dekkers. Just for time scales for those of us one stage behind you

Of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

How long do you have to complete online learning, I'm waiting to get mine and considering booking a holiday in next few days, this shouldn't be a problem? Appreciate any advice!

Advertisement