Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too old for corrib village?

Options
  • 24-02-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm going into first year in September and I'll be just turning 21. Am I too old for corrib or will I have the craic there? Are there many students over 19 in Corrib? Any Advice would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Most students in Corrib Village are 1st years. So 17 or 18. For pretty much all of them its their first time living away from home and parents and getting a proper taste of freedom so they all go a bit mental. There is certainly craic to be had. Whether or not you will enjoy it depends on you, if its your first time living away from home and being independent you will probably enjoy it, I don't think the fact that you are a few years older will make a huge difference.

I didn't live there, but when I was in first I had a few friends who did and they all loved it because it was crazy. Also the actual quality of the accommodation is sh!t. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Raychie

Thanks! What about the ensuite apartments? Are they as bad? It's such an ideal location and I've heard that it's mad craic. Are students put in accommodation according to age or year or course? I'll be studying science so will I be put in with first year science students?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

The apartments aren't actually that bad. They just tend to not be well kept by the tenants. The accommodation doesn't have anything to do with course or age it's based on what sort of accommodation you pay for. You will always here mixed reviews about Corrib Village because people either tend to hate it or love it. But if your an outgoing person whose eager to make new friends and have the craic I'd say it's the place for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's not really an ideal location. Close to college but far from town, no supermarkets or shops nearby and security are oppressive at the best of times. But it is great craic and if you're in first year you will make loads of friends, most people who live there love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Raychie

Klio thanks! Single ensuite is booked :) EXCITED!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement