Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business in Recruirment.

Options
  • 24-02-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have a business degree and would love to set up my own recruitment business. I have no experience so was wondering if anyone could suggest any ideas on how to find an invester or a mentor to help me set the business up and get it going.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

First step would probably be to go and get some experience. Get a job with a recruitment company and not only will you get the mentoring you may also get paid, other advice probably goes back to your original thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89106371

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

I would say experience would be beneficial, but not essential. It is in sum ways the exact opposite of hr and very much sales,communication& strong negotiation skills that are needed. I know previously you needed a recruitment license which had to be applied for in the same as garda vetting, cost roughly 500 ish. They come and look at premises also so even if working from home they will want to see where you propose to interview clients. What I would say is a target industry or area/region would be best. A niche market always helps. Hope thats of some use and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Why do so many people want to start recruitment businesses?? What's the attraction!

Edit: just noticed its the same OP as the previous thread.

I don't know what you want to hear mate, you have been given lots of advice already by people taking time out of their day to answer your question, some who work/have worked in the recruitment industry. Biggest insult is that you obviously don't listen and that you ask the same question to the same people again. Now you're looking for an investor? I'm always looking for investments but would never invest in someone who doesn't listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Wk74239

Buttercake wrote: »
    Why do so many people want to start recruitment businesses?? What's the attraction!

Edit: just noticed its the same OP as the previous thread.

I don't know what you want to hear mate, you have been given lots of advice already by people taking time out of their day to answer your question, some who work/have worked in the recruitment industry. Biggest insult is that you obviously don't listen and that you ask the same question to the same people again. Now you're looking for an investor? I'm always looking for investments but would never invest in someone who doesn't listen.

No insult intended. I'm just determined to set up my own business and feel I would succeed at it, and don't see the harm in getting a broad range of views and advice to evaluate and reflect upon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Why did you open another thread on the same topic? You have a thread already about this...use it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement