Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hollywood Wax Dublin City Centre

• 24-02-2014 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi Ladies, I know a post like this has been done before but the most recent I can find is 2011!! I used to go to Brazilia a lot before but none of the girls that used to wax me before are there and I want someone who knows what they're doing with a Hollywood wax. Any recommendations on salons and the best girls for waxing? Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Jenni or Anne in Urbana would get my vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Dani in Brazilia is the only girl I get to do mine. I find her very quick and professional. Never had a bad wax in Urban Wax either, it's more of a conveyor belt feel than an actual salon experience but definitely very clean and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

+1 for Dani in Brazilia, she's fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Wax in the City on South William Street is amazing - they are so professional, quick and use natural beeswax. It is so much less painful and no redness afterwards! Recommend 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Wax in the City on South William Street is amazing - they are so professional, quick and use natural beeswax. It is so much less painful and no redness afterwards! Recommend 100%

I went here once too no frills but good service and great value. Good idea having a walk in service too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

jadie wrote: »
    I went here once too no frills but good service and great value. Good idea having a walk in service too

I've been there myself a few times BUT I've also been waxed in two of their salons in Germany and have to say the standard of waxing in their Dublin salon pales in comparison to Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Isolt wrote: »
    Dani in Brazilia is the only girl I get to do mine. I find her very quick and professional. Never had a bad wax in Urban Wax either, it's more of a conveyor belt feel than an actual salon experience but definitely very clean and professional.
    mslady wrote: »
    +1 for Dani in Brazilia, she's fantastic!

I too loved Daniel in Brazilia (Sandyford) she was brilliant. When I had my January wax there she told me it was her last day. She was moving back to Cork to open up her own salon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

I too loved Daniel in Brazilia (Sandyford) she was brilliant. When I had my January wax there she told me it was her last day. She was moving back to Cork to open up her own salon

Ahhh no!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

ohhh where in Cork I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I love Wax in the City. Frequented Brazilia before but was finding it harder to get suitable appointments. I love how quick and clinical Wax in the City is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

It's not the same Dani! The lady I'm talking about works in Sth William St and is still working away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 quinnyL

Wax in the city is the only place for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

quinnyL wrote: »
    Wax in the city is the only place for me!!

I find this place ok for leg waxes but I always go to Brazilia for bikini ones because they really take their time and are so precise, with wax in the city they literally layer on a sheet of that wax over the whole leg (well the shin and then the thigh, front and then back) and then rip it off and reapply the same way again rather than smaller sections like Brazilia, I'm assuming they are more precise and slow with the bikini area? :o

Advertisement