Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Champagne in Cork

Options
  • 24-02-2014 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

I know I'm a baller:D...Seriously though I have been asked to get a bottle of champagne for a birthday present.
    'mansard traditional french champagne'
    'moet' or
    'veuve cliquot'

Does this mean anything to anyone? I'm pretty new to both cork and champagne so not sure where to start. Central enough if possible please

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Lekrub wrote: »
    I know I'm a baller:D...Seriously though I have been asked to get a bottle of champagne for a birthday present.
    'mansard traditional french champagne'
    'moet' or
    'veuve cliquot'

Does this mean anything to anyone? I'm pretty new to both cork and champagne so not sure where to start. Central enough if possible please

Cheers

Bubble brothers in the English market

/thread ends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Cheers this seems perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

or you can head to Michael in Bradleys Off licence on North Main st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

You can get 'moet' or 'veuve cliquot' at any tesco as well. Bog standard brands, most off-licenses would also stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

horgan_p wrote: »
    Bubble brothers in the English market

/thread ends

The Tsarine they stock is really lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Whatever you do don't waste the money getting the blue bottle of bubbly from Bubble brothers tisnt worth it.. I would go to Tesco's to be hones. I find bubble brothers over-rated and not a huge selection..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Bubble brothers are also in the marina industrial park if its any easier for you to get to

It seems im not gonna be able to make the english market. Working in little island its hard to get back into town in time. I might have to try a off license or failing that tesco. Especially if these are standard drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Dont bother with Champagne. You have to spend a fair amount to get a decent bottle. Most Champagne is piss as it just because its from an exclusive region that it is expensive. A good value sparkling wine is Jacob Creeks. Its honestly the best sparkling wine for under €20 and the Irish Times always recommends it. Moet is just a brand like Louis Vuitton(Actually owned by the same company).

Cheers hfallada for the info. I agree champagne itself as a whole is pretty much a sham. Its makes people feel posh for the day as it is what you associate with it. But I have been asked NOT to get sparkling wine.
    The person receiving it isnt asking for it. I'm buying it and passing it on for a friend out of the country. Being the middle man. So I better stay away of from Sparkling wine if they asked not to buy a bottle of it

• Advertisement

Ended up getting it in Dunnes. I didn't know they stocked it. Easy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Lekrub wrote: »
    Ended up getting it in Dunnes. I didn't know they stocked it. Easy out.

Yeah. Those are the Heinekens of champagne brands. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Vintage cava, m&s. Costs €20.99. Don't waste your money on champagne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

beertons wrote: »
    Vintage cava, m&s. Costs €20.99. Don't waste your money on champagne.

While a good Cava can be excellent, I usually prefer champagne, also it is possible to but a reasonable champagne for just under €20 to €30.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/aldis-20-bubbly-tops-170-rivals-in-taste-test-247324.html I have tried this and is a nice drinkable champagne, also tesco do some excellent sales with added buy 6 bottles of any wine get 25% off. I have bought good brand champagne for as little as €17.50 a bottle.

Advertisement