Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pension problem

Options
  • 24-02-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Folks.
    I post on behalf of my Dad. His state pension is a mess. A lorry load of his years of work contributions have gone missing. State records have been inconsistent, with mixing up info on the records sheet etc. He is on about 80 euro a week less than he should, which is a massive kick in the hole for a man who worked over 50 years!!! His boss even did a sworn affidavit for the missing years, but it fell on deaf ears!
    Does anyone have any info or experience in dealing with this type of thing please? I would be much obliged and indebted for any help out there Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Moved from Dublin Bay Sailing... This may be a better forum for your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

tadghieboy wrote: »
    Hi Folks.
    I post on behalf of my Dad. His state pension is a mess. A lorry load of his years of work contributions have gone missing. State records have been inconsistent, with mixing up info on the records sheet etc. He is on about 80 euro a week less than he should, which is a massive kick in the hole for a man who worked over 50 years!!! His boss even did a sworn affidavit for the missing years, but it fell on deaf ears!
    Does anyone have any info or experience in dealing with this type of thing please? I would be much obliged and indebted for any help out there Please

Where did he work?

Does he have tax records for the period he made contributions?

If social welfare have lost the records, it is possible Revenue still have them.

Of course, there is the possibility that his employer took the money off him but never gave it to Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tadghieboy

He worked in a local factory. The boss paid up OK, he the honest descent sort and didn't mess about. But the agent who would have collected on behalf of the state wouldn't have been as straight, and there are other locals in the same boat that the agent would have dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

thats news to me. PRSI paid to an agent to pass it into the state ?? Never heard of that before.

Yes its true. Maybe agent is wrong word, but there was a collector for the businesses in the town, this is going back to the sixties and seventies before computer system came into place for these records

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

ah right wasnt aware thats how it was handled back then. Im sure the collector/agent had to supply paperwork back to the business to prove said payments had been submitted to revenue.

So once that business still operates then surely they should have some level of paperwork to prove the payments were made. I know were talking 40 plus years ago but there has to be something in place.

If thats how the system was back then so manual I cant imagine your dad is the onlly one in a similar position so there must be a protocal in place on how to manage this ?

Which government department is your dad working this with ? Revenue ? Dept of social protection ?

I am fairly certain it is dept of Welfare. The business is gone and I know there are other people, not just from his business but others in the town, that are in the same boat. We just hitting a brick wall in relation to this.
    His employer provided a sworn affadavit. What we are looking to see is if an affadavit has been accepted before in the search for missing paperwork? We are lead to believe that it has been accepted before, we just need a bit of proof.
    Also inconsistencies provided by the government dept he is dealing with regards his records shows that they are far from perfect, and we just need to get someone high up the ladder to chat to rather than be hit again a brick wall the whole time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

PAYE was introduced in 1960 here. I can't see why stamps and latterly PRSI can't be properly identified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Prior to PRSI people "stamped" a card, this stopped in 1979 if I remember correctly.
    They would have had a social insurance number (SI).
    There used to be a section in Store Street Social Welfare office dealing with incorporating the old records with the new PRSI system.
    You should contact them to see what records they have.

Once you get this you should be able to see what years/employers are missing and go from there.

Advertisement