Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scars/Moles/Freckles/Hair- Tattoo?

Options
  • 24-02-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Ok, Is it impossible to tattoo over areas that have been scarred with acne etc or where there a lot of moles/freckles etc?

Does hair pose much of a problem in the recovery etc? (I know it can be shaved etc but does it effect recovery, design etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Scars not a problem per say but they may affect what's possible depending on the properties of the scar such as thickness etc.

Freckles no problem although they don't seem to take ink that well.

AFAIK moles can't be tattooed over.

Hair won't cause an issue until it starts to grow back. And that's because it could end up covering the piece depending on how hairy you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Like said scars can be tattooed over but may affect the final result as in they might still be visible.

Freckles are ok.

Moles can be tattooed over, however artists won't do it because if you were ever getting one checked by a doctor the tattoo can stop things from showing up in the tests. I have a small mole on my arm which is tattooed and it's not really noticeable in the piece.

Hair won't affect healing at all. If you're very hairy though it can make a tattoo look like it's faded slightly when it's not but shaving the area will fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

I'm not an expert by any means, probably furthest thing from it, but I'd imagine there'd be problems if you ever needed to get a mole biopsied should you tattoo over it. Whether that'd be a problem with the biopsy or it'd just leave a bit of a hole in your tattoo, I don't know. Might be something to keep in mind.

Advertisement