Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizon Remote Control

• 24-02-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi All, first up UPC have been excellent in helping me but Im seeing no fix for this so far.

The problem the Horizon remote, it is shockingly bad to the point its 95% useless.
    I have had two sent out and neither of them work without pointing them around a 1 cm from the box itself.

Anyone else having issues? I dont see many posts complaining so I hope it is isolated

Im presuming its the box as TV control works all over the room.

Bog standard old LG plasma so not a smart TV either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

My remote works from a fair distance away, like a room away. Looks like you have a dud RF receiver on the box, request a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnymc7

If thats the case with yours and after two remotes its deffo the box then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,742 ✭✭✭✭ted1

johnnymc7 wrote: »
    Hi All, first up UPC have been excellent in helping me but Im seeing no fix for this so far.

The problem the Horizon remote, it is shockingly bad to the point its 95% useless.
    I have had two sent out and neither of them work without pointing them around a 1 cm from the box itself.

Anyone else having issues? I dont see many posts complaining so I hope it is isolated

Im presuming its the box as TV control works all over the room.

Bog standard old LG plasma so not a smart TV either

its an RF signal and pointing it at the box shouldn't make a difference.

what way are you holding it? ASFAIK there's s tilt switch on ti which activates the back keyboard.

have you tried to pair them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Have you paired the remote with the box correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnymc7

New box came yesterday and all sorted. Everything working perfect now there has been one of two cases of this.
    UPC have been top notch I have to say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement