Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.A in maths and education with ordinary maths

• 24-02-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm doing ordinary level maths for my leaving cert I regret not having done honours as it is one of my favourite subjects. I've seen a course called B.A in maths and education in NUIG it is possible to get into this with an A2 in ordinary level maths however I'm afraid it will still be too difficult :( it also mentions as part of the course studying applied maths which i havn't a clue about. If someone could give me any info that'd be great :)!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I was actually discussing this last week with other teachers. Ask your teacher for advice, and see if they think you would be able for that course. If you are someone who gets A's in Maths tests, then I'm sure your teacher will be saying to you that you should have done higher maths. Anyway, students who do ordinary maths and who have a flare/are good at maths can by all means go for this course. You are however at a slight disadvantage to those who do higher maths, who will have covered some of the topics covered in year one in college, in the Leaving Cert cycle. But, that said, it is easy to pick up and you would find yourself at the same level as higher level leaving cert students after no time. Sorry if that sounds all over the place and makes no sense, but I can barely see in front of me with the tiredness!

Advertisement