Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pc speakers as a main source of sound

• 25-02-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello there,

I would need some insight as I want to upgrade my pc speakers.

The pc speakers are the main source of sound( no other hi-fi system,ipod dock..etc) so I'm looking for a set up that can bring the best for a nice listening from pc, ipod or iphone (noTV)in my living room without clutering.

Here are the caracteristics I'm looking for:

-Wireless/bluetooth would be a plus but not essential
    -Usually I listented to acoustic, folk, country,jazz and some light pop/indie, I'd rather to have a clean, bright sound where I'm able to listen to a larger spectrum of sounds while listening to a song . So powerfull subwoofer is not what I'm after but if they balance nicely the all piece I'm all for it.
    -Price: between 150 and 300 euros ideally

I have been looking into some bose companion, focal xs book and I'm not sure if I should go for those or if there is other alternative.Never listened to bose or focal speakers so hard to tell or choose.

Hope you can point me to some helpfull source or ideas.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Logitech do very good stuff, speaker subwoofer combinations

• Registered Users Posts: 12 IfIwantedto

dharn wrote: »
    Logitech do very good stuff, speaker subwoofer combinations

Thanks for ur reply. I owned a Logitech already so don't want to go that route. their nice in their overall but I would like the sound to be more wide and bright , close to a staging experience.

As I mainly listen to acoustic they don't entirely provide what I'm looking for. And space wise I would like to avoid subwoofer.

Bose and focal are what it seems to be closer to this feeling . Has anyone had some experience with them or other similar range?
    I'd like some opinions beforehand. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

I hate the bose sound ,sounds impressive at first but gets tiring very quick ,very bright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Bose look cool but they're not great soundwise. You could look for a pair of cheap studio monitors, I've seen some on adverts.

Advertisement